Another part of my Avon Loot is the 8-in-1 Palette, which is available in 3 color groups: Water Colors, Paradise Greens, and Neutral Tones.
***Picture from Avon.com.
I have the Paradise Greens palette with 8 pretty neutral colors, most of which are pastels. Also, within the 8 colors, 2 are semi-pearls and 4 semi-metallics, and I'm saying semi because they aren't quite pearls or metallics. Also, these shadows are not pigmented at all with only 3 of the 8 are low intensity colors and the rest are very sheer. They will utterly disappoint you if you are looking for a tiniest hint of color. Sad, but true.
And unfortunately, as excited as I was with this palette in the beginning, I'm growing more frustrated with each use. Even though I like sheer eye shadows, these colors are way too difficult to pair up, not only because they barely show up but also because of their half-assed finishes. The only good news that's left is their soft and airy texture. So yeah, if you must try these palettes, I would recommend to stay away from Paradise Greens and pick from the other 2 color groups. That, or save your $8 altogether :D
Anyways, here are the colors, from left to right:
- White sand: very sheer, probably the second most metallic shade in the lot (second to the Pale marzipan). This goes on a very pale gray with silver metallic sheen.
- Seafoam green: matte, low intensity. Looks pretty in the pan, but I can't use it at all. I tried it on the back of my hand, and it matched perfectly the color of the blood veins from underneath my skin - not something I'd want to put on my eye lids, you know? Ick.
- Pale marzipan: metallic, very sheer, it actually goes on a metallic gold. Very pretty!
- Pastel pink: semi-metallic, very sheer, a cool pastel pink with silvery semi-metallic sheen.
- Putty: matte, very sheer, a basic highlighting color, just that it's matte. Works well as an under-brow highlighter or for inner corners of the eyes.
- Golden olive: semi-pearl, low intensity, an olive with semi-pearly gold sheen. Makes a good medium shade for a smoky eye!
- Purplish brown: semi-pearl, low intensity, a brown with semi-pearly purple sheen. Unfortunately, I can only use this color as a liner because it gives my lids this disgusting purplish bruise otherwise. Let's just say if I want to dress up as a zombie for Halloween, I would load up my eyes with this color and I will look as good as dead.
- Pale cappuccino: semi-metallic, very sheer, this color actually goes on a golden beige and is quite pretty.
I've been collecting these Canmake Cream Cheek since they came out, skipping only 06 Nut Cream because it was too brown for my taste. T...
Update Saturday June 4, 2016. In my original post below, I'd gushed over that gorgeous navy in EX01 Ocean Lagoon Collection but didn...
Picked up these Tarte LipSurgence Lip Creme when they were on sale back in May. I only saw 3 colors Admired, Loved, and Carefree so I bough...
Long time no brushes! Having more than filled a lifetime's need for brushes, I've more or less stopped buying. Actually, that's...
So the US dollar has been going strong against the Japanese yen in the past several months. Right now, the exchange rate is about where it w...
This KenetMD Body Lotion was part of the Hair and Body Care Travel Set I was using during a recent week-long stay at a hotel. KenetMD ...
I've had my eyes on these SkinFood Fresh Fruit Lip & Cheek for a long time and only recently did I buy all 6 available colors, tho...
I was super excited about this Lunasol Summer Kit 2016 , much so I purposely stayed far, far the hell away from any cosmetic counter. I kno...
Here's another popular lip tint, the Innisfree Eco Fruit Tint . These only came in 2 colors, 1 Cherry and 2 Orange . I paid about $4 e...
Just finished this 110g bottle of Mentholatum Skin Aqua Super Moisture Gel SPF50+ PA++++ so here's a quick review. This is a stronger ...