Another part of my Avon Loot is the 8-in-1 Palette, which is available in 3 color groups: Water Colors, Paradise Greens, and Neutral Tones.
***Picture from Avon.com.
I have the Paradise Greens palette with 8 pretty neutral colors, most of which are pastels. Also, within the 8 colors, 2 are semi-pearls and 4 semi-metallics, and I'm saying semi because they aren't quite pearls or metallics. Also, these shadows are not pigmented at all with only 3 of the 8 are low intensity colors and the rest are very sheer. They will utterly disappoint you if you are looking for a tiniest hint of color. Sad, but true.
And unfortunately, as excited as I was with this palette in the beginning, I'm growing more frustrated with each use. Even though I like sheer eye shadows, these colors are way too difficult to pair up, not only because they barely show up but also because of their half-assed finishes. The only good news that's left is their soft and airy texture. So yeah, if you must try these palettes, I would recommend to stay away from Paradise Greens and pick from the other 2 color groups. That, or save your $8 altogether :D
Anyways, here are the colors, from left to right:
- White sand: very sheer, probably the second most metallic shade in the lot (second to the Pale marzipan). This goes on a very pale gray with silver metallic sheen.
- Seafoam green: matte, low intensity. Looks pretty in the pan, but I can't use it at all. I tried it on the back of my hand, and it matched perfectly the color of the blood veins from underneath my skin - not something I'd want to put on my eye lids, you know? Ick.
- Pale marzipan: metallic, very sheer, it actually goes on a metallic gold. Very pretty!
- Pastel pink: semi-metallic, very sheer, a cool pastel pink with silvery semi-metallic sheen.
- Putty: matte, very sheer, a basic highlighting color, just that it's matte. Works well as an under-brow highlighter or for inner corners of the eyes.
- Golden olive: semi-pearl, low intensity, an olive with semi-pearly gold sheen. Makes a good medium shade for a smoky eye!
- Purplish brown: semi-pearl, low intensity, a brown with semi-pearly purple sheen. Unfortunately, I can only use this color as a liner because it gives my lids this disgusting purplish bruise otherwise. Let's just say if I want to dress up as a zombie for Halloween, I would load up my eyes with this color and I will look as good as dead.
- Pale cappuccino: semi-metallic, very sheer, this color actually goes on a golden beige and is quite pretty.
I've been collecting these Canmake Cream Cheek since they came out, skipping only 06 Nut Cream because it was too brown for my taste. T...
I'm not sure why, but it took forever for these Canmake Lip & Cheek Gel SPF24 PA+ to show up at the drugstores in my neighborhood....
Along with Paul & Joe Lipstick 205 Strawberry Jam (Natural) , I also got the Eye Color Limited in 007 Castles in the Air . This eye pa...
These SkinFood Tomato Jelly Tint Lips have been out for at least a couple of years now, since early 2013, I think. I discovered them earli...
Got a few more Aritaum Shine Fix Eyes and looking forward to wearing eye shadows again soon ^.^ In addition to 02 Pink Oyster and 32 Mamb...
Since August, I've been sitting on this gorgeous Lunasol Shine Fall Eyes palette EX01 Artistic Tone , fall 2017's Shinjuku Isetan ...
Finished Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil two weeks ago and been onto this 10mL/0.33fl. oz. dropper bottle of Nude ProGenius Rescue Oil ., ...
So the US dollar has been going strong against the Japanese yen in the past several months. Right now, the exchange rate is about where it w...
After staying away for a few years, this Estee Lauder GWP finally tempted me to try their products again, because I'm dopey like that....
Been using this 15mL/0.5fl. oz. tube of Josie Maran Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil for the past week after finishing Nude ProGenius R...