Another part of my Avon Loot is the 8-in-1 Palette, which is available in 3 color groups: Water Colors, Paradise Greens, and Neutral Tones.
***Picture from Avon.com.
I have the Paradise Greens palette with 8 pretty neutral colors, most of which are pastels. Also, within the 8 colors, 2 are semi-pearls and 4 semi-metallics, and I'm saying semi because they aren't quite pearls or metallics. Also, these shadows are not pigmented at all with only 3 of the 8 are low intensity colors and the rest are very sheer. They will utterly disappoint you if you are looking for a tiniest hint of color. Sad, but true.
And unfortunately, as excited as I was with this palette in the beginning, I'm growing more frustrated with each use. Even though I like sheer eye shadows, these colors are way too difficult to pair up, not only because they barely show up but also because of their half-assed finishes. The only good news that's left is their soft and airy texture. So yeah, if you must try these palettes, I would recommend to stay away from Paradise Greens and pick from the other 2 color groups. That, or save your $8 altogether :D
Anyways, here are the colors, from left to right:
- White sand: very sheer, probably the second most metallic shade in the lot (second to the Pale marzipan). This goes on a very pale gray with silver metallic sheen.
- Seafoam green: matte, low intensity. Looks pretty in the pan, but I can't use it at all. I tried it on the back of my hand, and it matched perfectly the color of the blood veins from underneath my skin - not something I'd want to put on my eye lids, you know? Ick.
- Pale marzipan: metallic, very sheer, it actually goes on a metallic gold. Very pretty!
- Pastel pink: semi-metallic, very sheer, a cool pastel pink with silvery semi-metallic sheen.
- Putty: matte, very sheer, a basic highlighting color, just that it's matte. Works well as an under-brow highlighter or for inner corners of the eyes.
- Golden olive: semi-pearl, low intensity, an olive with semi-pearly gold sheen. Makes a good medium shade for a smoky eye!
- Purplish brown: semi-pearl, low intensity, a brown with semi-pearly purple sheen. Unfortunately, I can only use this color as a liner because it gives my lids this disgusting purplish bruise otherwise. Let's just say if I want to dress up as a zombie for Halloween, I would load up my eyes with this color and I will look as good as dead.
- Pale cappuccino: semi-metallic, very sheer, this color actually goes on a golden beige and is quite pretty.
I'm not new to Clinique Superbalms , but I hadn't noticed they now have a Superbalm Lip Treatment ! So when I did stumble upon it la...
I've been collecting these Canmake Cream Cheek since they came out, skipping only 06 Nut Cream because it was too brown for my taste. T...
I think I struck gold with this third and last batch of NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Pearl Eye Shadows ! I mean, several of these last ones a...
Yes, more Koyudo brushes ^.^ I love them! Quick notes for this batch: 1. As usual, all brushes were photographed pre-wash . Unlike ...
So this is my entire L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Eyeshadow collection so far. This collection is in no way complete and I don't...
Among the big names of the Japanese artisan makeup brush world, Chikuhodo ( 竹宝堂 ) has two decades over Hakuhoho , having been established...
I really loved the Face Stockholm x JCrew Lipstick in French Martini , so I bought this Peony Pink color also. All pictures taken in na...
Playing with Lavshuca Eye Jelly for much of the earlier part of the year reminded me of how much I adored Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye ...
I've been using this 300mL pump bottle of Beaua Organic Link Cleansing Oil for a few weeks now. I bought it while in Taipei, at the sam...
Saw this Maybelline ColorSensational Color Whisper in 260 I Crave Coral on Citrine's blog way back in the spring, but for some reaso...