Another part of my Avon Loot is the 8-in-1 Palette, which is available in 3 color groups: Water Colors, Paradise Greens, and Neutral Tones.
***Picture from Avon.com.
I have the Paradise Greens palette with 8 pretty neutral colors, most of which are pastels. Also, within the 8 colors, 2 are semi-pearls and 4 semi-metallics, and I'm saying semi because they aren't quite pearls or metallics. Also, these shadows are not pigmented at all with only 3 of the 8 are low intensity colors and the rest are very sheer. They will utterly disappoint you if you are looking for a tiniest hint of color. Sad, but true.
And unfortunately, as excited as I was with this palette in the beginning, I'm growing more frustrated with each use. Even though I like sheer eye shadows, these colors are way too difficult to pair up, not only because they barely show up but also because of their half-assed finishes. The only good news that's left is their soft and airy texture. So yeah, if you must try these palettes, I would recommend to stay away from Paradise Greens and pick from the other 2 color groups. That, or save your $8 altogether :D
Anyways, here are the colors, from left to right:
- White sand: very sheer, probably the second most metallic shade in the lot (second to the Pale marzipan). This goes on a very pale gray with silver metallic sheen.
- Seafoam green: matte, low intensity. Looks pretty in the pan, but I can't use it at all. I tried it on the back of my hand, and it matched perfectly the color of the blood veins from underneath my skin - not something I'd want to put on my eye lids, you know? Ick.
- Pale marzipan: metallic, very sheer, it actually goes on a metallic gold. Very pretty!
- Pastel pink: semi-metallic, very sheer, a cool pastel pink with silvery semi-metallic sheen.
- Putty: matte, very sheer, a basic highlighting color, just that it's matte. Works well as an under-brow highlighter or for inner corners of the eyes.
- Golden olive: semi-pearl, low intensity, an olive with semi-pearly gold sheen. Makes a good medium shade for a smoky eye!
- Purplish brown: semi-pearl, low intensity, a brown with semi-pearly purple sheen. Unfortunately, I can only use this color as a liner because it gives my lids this disgusting purplish bruise otherwise. Let's just say if I want to dress up as a zombie for Halloween, I would load up my eyes with this color and I will look as good as dead.
- Pale cappuccino: semi-metallic, very sheer, this color actually goes on a golden beige and is quite pretty.
I've been collecting these Canmake Cream Cheek since they came out, skipping only 06 Nut Cream because it was too brown for my taste. T...
So the US dollar has been going strong against the Japanese yen in the past several months. Right now, the exchange rate is about where it w...
Koyudo (晃祐堂) was established in 1979, only five years after Hakuhodo . But while Hakuhodo has reached worldwide recognition Koyudo is much...
I'm not sure why, but it took forever for these Canmake Lip & Cheek Gel SPF24 PA+ to show up at the drugstores in my neighborhood....
Ever since swatching this Lunasol Feathery Smoky Eyes in the Shinjuku Isetan LE EX01 Feathery Gold , I've been itching to get to it. ...
While I was out in Ginza swatching Lunasol Feathery Smoky Eyes , I also stopped by the Suqqu counter to swatch the Extra Glow Lipsticks i...
This 10g jar of Panna Kiss Powder SPF50 PA+++ from the Korean brand Pure Smile is another new sunscreen powder I'd picked up recently....
So I happened to be in Shinjuku yesterday and decided to stop by Isetan to see if they have store samples of the Lunasol 2016 fall collecti...
...Because I can't go see and swatch this Lunasol 2016 Party Coffret myself anymore T.T *sniff* so I scoured the web for pictures of t...
Continuing my love affair with Lunasol Full Glamour Lips . Below are 18 Brown Red and EX08 Spicy Red , an LE from the Shinjuku Isetan excl...