Another part of my Avon Loot is the 8-in-1 Palette, which is available in 3 color groups: Water Colors, Paradise Greens, and Neutral Tones.
***Picture from Avon.com.
I have the Paradise Greens palette with 8 pretty neutral colors, most of which are pastels. Also, within the 8 colors, 2 are semi-pearls and 4 semi-metallics, and I'm saying semi because they aren't quite pearls or metallics. Also, these shadows are not pigmented at all with only 3 of the 8 are low intensity colors and the rest are very sheer. They will utterly disappoint you if you are looking for a tiniest hint of color. Sad, but true.
And unfortunately, as excited as I was with this palette in the beginning, I'm growing more frustrated with each use. Even though I like sheer eye shadows, these colors are way too difficult to pair up, not only because they barely show up but also because of their half-assed finishes. The only good news that's left is their soft and airy texture. So yeah, if you must try these palettes, I would recommend to stay away from Paradise Greens and pick from the other 2 color groups. That, or save your $8 altogether :D
Anyways, here are the colors, from left to right:
- White sand: very sheer, probably the second most metallic shade in the lot (second to the Pale marzipan). This goes on a very pale gray with silver metallic sheen.
- Seafoam green: matte, low intensity. Looks pretty in the pan, but I can't use it at all. I tried it on the back of my hand, and it matched perfectly the color of the blood veins from underneath my skin - not something I'd want to put on my eye lids, you know? Ick.
- Pale marzipan: metallic, very sheer, it actually goes on a metallic gold. Very pretty!
- Pastel pink: semi-metallic, very sheer, a cool pastel pink with silvery semi-metallic sheen.
- Putty: matte, very sheer, a basic highlighting color, just that it's matte. Works well as an under-brow highlighter or for inner corners of the eyes.
- Golden olive: semi-pearl, low intensity, an olive with semi-pearly gold sheen. Makes a good medium shade for a smoky eye!
- Purplish brown: semi-pearl, low intensity, a brown with semi-pearly purple sheen. Unfortunately, I can only use this color as a liner because it gives my lids this disgusting purplish bruise otherwise. Let's just say if I want to dress up as a zombie for Halloween, I would load up my eyes with this color and I will look as good as dead.
- Pale cappuccino: semi-metallic, very sheer, this color actually goes on a golden beige and is quite pretty.
I've been collecting these Canmake Cream Cheek since they came out, skipping only 06 Nut Cream because it was too brown for my taste. T...
Believe it or not, these Lunasol Three-Dimensional Eyes are actually "detour" purchases - I was looking at Maquillage True Eye S...
So this is my entire L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Eyeshadow collection so far. This collection is in no way complete and I don't...
It's new year and I'm having a major case of nostalgia. San Francisco *sniff* Looking through my album I realize there are tons of...
A few weeks ago when I was browsing the Canmake website looking for the new Cheek & Cheek 08 Love Trap Flower that was supposed to be ...
This is the last of my Tarte purchase this past September, a LipSurgence Lip Gloss mini in the color Magic , which was a part of the Magi...
So the US dollar has been going strong against the Japanese yen in the past several months. Right now, the exchange rate is about where it w...
Koyudo (晃祐堂) was established in 1979, only five years after Hakuhodo . But while Hakuhodo has reached worldwide recognition Koyudo is much...
From the same holiday flash sale that I got the Lipstick Queen Chic and Three Shades trio, I bought this Butterfly Kisses trio, which inclu...
Taking a break from eyeliner reviews ^.^ For nostalgia's sake I combed through Rakuten JP and found these Visee Glam Glow Eyes in BR-2...