Another part of my Avon Loot is the 8-in-1 Palette, which is available in 3 color groups: Water Colors, Paradise Greens, and Neutral Tones.
***Picture from Avon.com.
I have the Paradise Greens palette with 8 pretty neutral colors, most of which are pastels. Also, within the 8 colors, 2 are semi-pearls and 4 semi-metallics, and I'm saying semi because they aren't quite pearls or metallics. Also, these shadows are not pigmented at all with only 3 of the 8 are low intensity colors and the rest are very sheer. They will utterly disappoint you if you are looking for a tiniest hint of color. Sad, but true.
And unfortunately, as excited as I was with this palette in the beginning, I'm growing more frustrated with each use. Even though I like sheer eye shadows, these colors are way too difficult to pair up, not only because they barely show up but also because of their half-assed finishes. The only good news that's left is their soft and airy texture. So yeah, if you must try these palettes, I would recommend to stay away from Paradise Greens and pick from the other 2 color groups. That, or save your $8 altogether :D
Anyways, here are the colors, from left to right:
- White sand: very sheer, probably the second most metallic shade in the lot (second to the Pale marzipan). This goes on a very pale gray with silver metallic sheen.
- Seafoam green: matte, low intensity. Looks pretty in the pan, but I can't use it at all. I tried it on the back of my hand, and it matched perfectly the color of the blood veins from underneath my skin - not something I'd want to put on my eye lids, you know? Ick.
- Pale marzipan: metallic, very sheer, it actually goes on a metallic gold. Very pretty!
- Pastel pink: semi-metallic, very sheer, a cool pastel pink with silvery semi-metallic sheen.
- Putty: matte, very sheer, a basic highlighting color, just that it's matte. Works well as an under-brow highlighter or for inner corners of the eyes.
- Golden olive: semi-pearl, low intensity, an olive with semi-pearly gold sheen. Makes a good medium shade for a smoky eye!
- Purplish brown: semi-pearl, low intensity, a brown with semi-pearly purple sheen. Unfortunately, I can only use this color as a liner because it gives my lids this disgusting purplish bruise otherwise. Let's just say if I want to dress up as a zombie for Halloween, I would load up my eyes with this color and I will look as good as dead.
- Pale cappuccino: semi-metallic, very sheer, this color actually goes on a golden beige and is quite pretty.
I've been collecting these Canmake Cream Cheek since they came out, skipping only 06 Nut Cream because it was too brown for my taste. T...
So this is my entire L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Eyeshadow collection so far. This collection is in no way complete and I don't...
So the US dollar has been going strong against the Japanese yen in the past several months. Right now, the exchange rate is about where it w...
These SkinFood Tomato Jelly Tint Lips have been out for at least a couple of years now, since early 2013, I think. I discovered them earli...
Koyudo (晃祐堂) was established in 1979, only five years after Hakuhodo . But while Hakuhodo has reached worldwide recognition Koyudo is much...
So I've became gal-pals with one of hubby's colleagues, J. Over the past month or so, J. and I sort of went everywhere in search of...
Had 2 tubes of this Clarins Moisture-Rich Body Lotion , a 30mL/1oz. from a generous GWP I received when purchasing the duo Gentle Foaming Cl...
In late August Lipstick Queen ran a promotion with the Hall of Fame Set half off, which includes Medieval , Jean Queen , and Butterfly Ba...
I know, I know, I griped about a couple of powder brushes in my last Chikuhodo post , but here I am again posting about them again. Folks, ...
While browsing for SkinFood Tomato Jelly Tint Lip , another item caught my eyes: Missha The Style Moisture Coating Tint . There are 7 color...