Sunday, February 22, 2009

SkinLite Cucumber and Green Tea Essence Masks

I have previously tried the wash-off versions, Hydrating Cucumber Masque and the Re-Energizing Green Tea Masque, and found both of them disappointingly blah. However, Encouraged by my experience with the wash-off SkinLite Strawberry Yogurt Masque, I decided to give SkinLite Cucumber and Green Tea Essence Masks nother chance. My logic, or rather illogic, was this: since the SkinLite masks were pretty much hit and miss, I might as well try them all. I was somehow hopeful that with this method, I will happen upon something that will work for me.

Not making much sense, right? Yeah, I thought so :D I didn't know what the hell I was thinking either, because -what do you know- both of the sheet mask versions were not that much better than their wash-off counterparts. Ha. They were a little better, but just a little, and not enough to justify anymore money spent on my part (like it was justifiable to begin with LOL).


The cucumber mask still smelled very much like cucumber.


The green tea mask smelled nice, but that was about it.

I really wished these sheet masks were better. I mean, what's the point of putting something on your face only to feel as though you didn't put anything on at all? Now, in terms of makeup, people would call this the "natural" look, as in spending tons of time and products to make one's face look as though it is bare. However, only in the makeup world one can actually get away with this irony. This is skincare, and when spending tons of time and products only to have one's face looks like it hadn't been cared for, people get mad, you know?

Oh well. Next.

4 comments:

Citrine said...

I personally don't get sheet masks...it's just a paper sheet soaked with water and maybe some glycerin...I've tried one and I think I get a better result applying a face cream right after shower...

Anyway, I did (and still try to if I have time) put actual cucumber and green tea bag (I am addicted to green tea) on my face...It feels pretty good actually.

D. said...

Hi Citrine!

Aww...that's too bad. I used to think the sheet mask theory was silly too, but then I got spoiled pretty quickly LOL

I like cucumber too, although I would much prefer eating it haha As for tea, I'm a mugi cha (barley tea) girl. Green tea is good, but the taste is a bit too harsh for me. Have you tried mugi cha? It's popular in Korea and Japan, and it's soooooo refreshing when refrigerated. When I come home from a hot and humid, there's nothing better than a tall glass of mugi cha...ahh...

... said...

Hey I have some makeup remover wipes from this company. Have you tried them before? I'm curious about this brand now.

D. said...

Hi Yoetke,

I haven't tried the makeup remover wipes from SkinLite. In fact, I tried to get more info on the brand itself but haven't been very successful. If you ever run into some info on the brand, leave me a comment, yah? Thanks in advance!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts