Thursday, July 8, 2010

Caudalie Travel Set

I brought this Caudalie Travel Set with me on my road trip. It came in a cute tin box, which was what caught my eyes to begin with :)


This travel set includes:
- 30mL/1 fl oz. Cleansing Water
- 30 mL/1 fl oz. Fleur de Vigne Shower Gel
- 30 mL/1 fl oz. Gentle Conditioning Shampoo
- 30 mL/1 fl oz. Nourishing Body Lotion


They also included a small zip-lock bag inside so you can put everything in and take with you on the plane, I guess. But I was going on a road trip and so that bag didn't interest me much, plus it was too small and there was not room to include any other things. Now that we only get 1 ziplock bag for toiletries per person, even if I were to fly I still wouldn't use it.


- Cleansing Water: I haven't tried this yet, but according to the Caudalie USA website, it can be used as a cleanser or toner with no rinse necessary. They claim it can remove face and eye makeup but I am not sure I am convinced. I do think it would make a great cleanser to take on a long flight though since you don't have to rinse. We'll see.


- Nourishing Body Lotion: I wasn't too impressed with this lotion because, of course, I have had much much better. After Lost River Rags Goats Milk Hand & Body Lotion, it will probably take a whole lot to get my attention. And the Caudalie lotion wasn't that great to begin with. It even felt a tiny bit sticky until it was completely dry. Hubby did not like the scent, and it did smell a bit strange on my skin when it was damp, but after drying it had a better, powdery scent. I would never shell out $36 for the 250 mL/8.45 fl oz., or $40 for the large limited edition of the 400 mL/13.5 fl oz. bottle. On the other hand, an 8 oz. bottle of Lost River Rags Goats Milk Hand & Body Lotion sells for $7, so if you do the math, $35 = 40 oz. and $42 = 48 oz. of near perfect, all natural goats milk lotion. I don't know about you, but the choice is pretty obvious for me.

- Gentle Conditioning Shampoo: this shampoo smells nice, I have to admit, like a grape-y cologne :) It was conditioning, but in the end it was too conditioning as it turned my hair really greasy the next morning, just like Asience Shampoo. Hubby liked it though, and his hair remained nice and soft the next day. I guess this shampoo is better for some more than others. Too bad it wasn't for me.

- Fleur de Vigne Shower Gel: this smelled good, same scent as the shampoo above, but it pretty much bombed as a shower gel. It barely foamed, which can be a good thing for someone else but for me a shower gel has got to foam, so that tanked. Oh, but I have to give it props for being non-drying yet rinsed clean without leaving a film on my skin.


For the summer, Caudalie also has a Beauty On Board Pouch that includes the same 4 items above, with the bonus of a 0.13 fl oz. Pulpe Vitaminee Anti-Wrinkle Fluid. This ended up being a Thank-you gift to our lovely neighbors.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts