Saturday, July 10, 2010

Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss Stick

I have mixed feelings over my Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss Stick in Cherry Ice, which was a limited edition color that has now sold out on the Estee Lauder website.


First off, I really feel that calling this a Gloss Stick in Cherry Ice is kind of a misnomer, because when I think of a gloss stick I think of a somewhat sheer or simply sheer and glossy finish (yes, I do distinguish between pigmented lip gloss and liquid lip color). This Cherry Ice Gloss Stick is not really a gloss stick but a lipstick with some, though not as much as they tout it to be, glossy shine to it.


Yes, I am saying it is extremely pigmented and it scares the becheeses out of me! I think I would need to grow some [huge] balls first if I want to step out with it on, so for now I apply it over a layer of chapstick or sheer lip gloss to buffer some colors off. Now on that red, although it looks like a yellow based red in the picture, it is actually blue based, so it doesn't quite match my skin tone, even a bit jarring I would say. However, if I dab it on lightly enough, it doesn't look too bad. It's okay, definitely not my ideal red lipstick. I kind of regret getting it, but I don't hate it. It is scented with the same fragrance as all Estee Lauder lipsticks.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts