Monday, April 18, 2011

L'Occitane Hand Creams Part II

L'Occitane usually have really nice promotions around the year end holiday season, and last year wasn't different. One particularly nifty promotion was a Mystery Gift Event around Halloween time. Every few hours they revealed a mystery gift item over the course of a couple of days. It was kinda fun and of course I got suckered into making the purchase ^.^


The Mystery Gift turned out to be quite generous. It included a full size (8.4 oz., retails $24) Verbena Body Lotion, which I passed on to mum-in-law who's a big fan of the verbena scent, travel sizes (2.5 oz. each) of Cherry Blossom Shimmering Lotion ($9) and Almond Shower Oil ($8), guest size (1.7 oz., $4) Almond Soap, and a purse perfect miniature 0.5 oz. Shea Butter Hand Cream (about $5? The 1 oz. goes for $10). So altogether this gift was worth $50! And for just a purchase of $65, I was all in.

From left to right, Cherry Blossom Shimmering Lotion, Almond Shower Oil, Almond Soap, and mini Shea Hand Cream. Sorry these pictures are dark.

So what did I end up buying? More hand creams xD And two sets of them too, the Hand Cream Bouquet and the Petite Hands! Though I haven't been too thrilled with aluminum squeeze tubes with the most challenging itty bitty twist off caps (I'm a bit klutzy, I have to admit), I do love L'Occitane hand creams and I like how they fit right into my purse. And they smell really nice and feel wonderful on my skin, of course. It's not just my face that's super duper dry, my skin in general is super duper dry, especially my hands, and especially in the colder seasons. So I go through these tubes pretty fast and whenever there's a chance to stock up, I get it done.

The Hand Cream Bouquet was expensive even when it was on sale - $48! And that's already 20% off of its retail $60 tag! I wouldn't have bought it without a nice promotion, but this Mystery Gift promotion definitely gave me an excuse to splurge. I wanted this set mainly because of the 3 new fragrances I haven't tried before: Vanilla Flower, Fleur Cherie, and Winter Rose (Rose des Neiges).

L'Occitane Hand Cream Bouquet

The Shea Hand Cream is the classic, gender neutral hand cream that I give to hubby to keep in his messenger bag. What, men don't get dry hands? Please. And his personal favorite is the Lavender Hand Cream, so I give him that too. My personal favorite is the Cherry Blossom Hand Cream, but it is much too light for the winter so I use it in the summer. As for the Vanilla Flower, Fleur Cherie, and Winter Rose, I've no idea how they're like, which precisely why I'm totally excited to try them!

From left to right: Shea, Vanilla Flower, Fleur Cherie, Winter Rose, Lavender, and Cherry Blossom.

Vanilla Flower Hand Cream

Fleur Cherie Hand Cream

Winter Rose Hand Cream. I wonder how this Winter Rose scent is different than the "regular" Rose Hand Cream :P But I haven't even open up the cap to smell any of them yet so...


The next hand cream set I got was the Petite Hands, which I thought was even more of a rip off since it retails for $30 and only has 1 tube of 1 oz. Shea Hand Cream and 4 tubes of 0.5 oz. each of Shea, Cherry Blossom, Honey & Lemon, and Rose Hand Creams. Basically nothing new, same ol' stuff in smaller packaging.

It was on sale for $24 when I bought it, but if it wasn't for the promotion I wouldn't even pay $24! Yes, the 0.5 oz. tubes are ridiculously cute, but that price definitely isn't cute at all!

A quick comparison so you can see how cute (and tiny) the 0.5 oz. tubes are.

Oh well, at least my purse will be well stocked until the next promotion comes around :)

And hubby will have a steady supply of Shea Hand Creams too. It's a win-win situation!


See my previous L'Occitane Hand Creams post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts