Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Aqualabel White Clear Foam

On one hand, I feel like short trips are perfect for trying out travel sized items. On the other, I know trying some brand new on my dry and sometimes fickle skin when I'm away from home is really kind of, umm, crazy. Or should I say stupid? Or both? Didn't stop me this time with Aqualabel White Clear Foam though (or any other time in the past, either...) xD

From the Meizhuang (美妝, Beauty) issue of FashionGuide Magazine TW, Fall 2012 Vol. 25, I got some nice freebies with a localized 50mL/1.7fl oz. bottle of Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Body CreamToms Whitening Renewal Mask which went to my mum, and a set of localized (as in made in Taiwan) Aqualabel White samples, which has 2 packets each of this White Clear Foam 2g, White Up Lotion S (Refreshing) 2mL, and White Up Emulsion S (Refreshing) 2mL. 

I'm not sure about the whitening part, but as a foaming cleanser, let me tell you, with the help of a foaming net it foamed like there was no tomorrow! In fact, it foamed so well 1 packet lasted me the whole week's stay as I only needed a tiny bit for an adequate lather. It smelled nice too, reminded me very much of Shiseido Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam I used during my college days when my skin was still on the oily side.

From left to right: 2 of White Clear Foam 2g, White Up Lotion S (Refreshing) 2mL, and White Up Emulsion S (Refreshing) 2mL.

I would say this foaming cleanser and the Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam were about the same - they were both meant for oily skin and not suitable at all for dry skin like mine. Within one short week, it singlehandedly undid whatever progress I made with the dry patches and flakiness T.T After the conference, I was back to square one with my parched skin and had to do damage control all over again! This also means the second packet will now go to my college age brother who is still battling oily skin.

Over all, it was my own damn fault to try the cleanser, and kept using it even when I noticed the dryness almost immediately after stepping out of the shower. I guess being crazy (and stupid) has a price. Ha...

Aqualabel White Clear Foam:

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts