Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cle de Peau Beaute Cleansing Cream

This 9g sample tube of Cle de Peau Beaute Cleansing Cream was a part of the freebies from the Cle de Peau Beaute Glow Fall 2012 Mook. It was also the very first Cle de Peau item for me so I was totally excited to try it out, having read great things about the entire line.


Don't be fooled by the name of this product like I was. This was actually not a cleansing cream but instead a cream-to-oil cleanser, which really threw me in for a loop. Good thing the first time I used it I started with dry face and hands, not because I read the usage instructions like I should (Julia's lesson has yet to sink in, after all -.-'), but because I was too lazy to wet my face and I knew most cream cleansers work with dry face anyway. Ha. 

Cle de Peau Beaute Glow Fall 2012 Mook I picked up in Taipei.

The mook came with the below freebies:
- Top row, left to right: The Cream 2g, Gentle Cleansing Foam 6g (will review next), and Gentle Balancing Lotion 12mL.
- Bottom row, left to right: this Cleansing Cream 9g, Gentle Protective Emulsion SPF25 PA++ 5mL (using now, will review soon), and Gentle Nourishing Emulsion 5mL.
- A travel size packet of cotton pads.

Anyway, this came out of the tube a semi-translucent thick cream and felt really thick going on but quickly softened up and melted into a thinner, but not silicon-y thin, oil. It smelled very nice, a faint ladylike powdery scent that's similar to the Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam (also by Shiseido), a tad, umm, grandma, but nowhere as matronly as Etude House Happy Tea Time Cleansing Foam Milk Tea ^.^ I have read countless of raves for this scent, and I do agree it was lovely and I liked it very much. However, I still think floral cigarette of Caudalie Premier Cru The Cream was much more unique and left a much deeper impression on me. Shoot, using that Caudalie cream actually made me want to go sniff a cigarette, and I don't exactly like cigarettes! 

The cleansing cream-to-oil worked quite well. It rinsed clean but didn't leave my skin squeaky or stripped. I tend to be liberal when it comes to cleansing oils, so if I were to use however much I normally use, this itty bitty tube would last for about, erhh, 2 uses! Good thing last week when I tested this I was stuck at home working, wearing no makeup and only "indoor" sun protection, as in SPF20-30 and not water resistant, which means an oil cleanser is not required for removal, but I needed an excuse to use this cleanser... ^.^ And for those who wonder whether "indoor" sun protection makes any sense, I sit close to 3 huge windows with plenty of sunshine, though not directly on me, mmmkay? So I was able to reduce the amount to half and made this sample tube last for 4 days. Good enough, I'd say. Over all this was a really nice cleanser, but I'm definitely not going to drop $72 for the full size. I don't have any patience for luxury products to begin with, not to mention I'm a heavy hitter when it comes to oil cleansers and even a full size of this would not last me very long. Not worth it.

Cle de Peau Beaute Cleansing Cream:
***List of ingredients from Nordstrom.com.

2 comments:

kuri said...

I found the scent grandmotherly too! I agree, it's good but too expensive - probably really good if you have dry skin too.

D. said...

Hi kuri!

I don't get luxury products and grandmotherly scents at all ^.^' Even if you were to have dry skin, I'm sure you find an excellent cleanser for a fraction of that price!!

Cheers,
D

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts