Monday, February 18, 2013

Tsururi Pore Cleansing Brush

Stumbled onto this Tsururi Pore Cleansing Brush while browsing my local Japanese drugstore back then. It was on sale for around 600yen, down from the 1,000yen retail. Plus I remembered reading about a Daiso duplicate of it so I picked one up out of curiosity (I also tried the Daiso Puff & Sponge Detergent Yumeko recommended, will review next). Yup, that just sums up why hubby was always wary of my drugstore browsing trips, because I always came home with some useless impulse buys. Good thing this wasn't too big a damage ^.^


Basically, you're supposed to lather up as you normally would your foaming cleanser, then use this brush to whip up some of the foam and just scrub your nose. It promises to get rid of blackheads on your nose (which I later learned are actually sebaceous filaments, which you can never get rid of...), with a picture on the packaging showing a "spotty" nose versus a "nice and clean" one.

Did it work? Nope, it didn't do jack LOL! First of all, the hair was just way too soft to even tickle like a wimpy facial exfoliator (yes, I'm talking about you, The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Exfoliator!). Once it was wet, it felt pretty much like a wet powder puff, just soft and mushy all around with no exfoliation benefits whatsoever. The only thing I noticed was that my nose got drier because of the concentrated foaming action I focused onto it, which was not a good thing at all. And all this in addition to learning later that you actually can't get rid of those spots on your nose. Ha. 

So yeah, left this one at home. It had been sitting untouched in my drawer for a long time anyway. If you want a decent facial brush, I recommend Shiseido The Skincare Cleansing Massage Brush. Otherwise, save your money. It's just not worth it.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts