Friday, February 12, 2016

Rosette Horse Oil Traditional Cleansing Paste

Been using this 120g tube of Rosette Horse Oil Traditional Cleansing Paste for the past month. It came in a bundle with a freebie 25g of Horse Oil Makeup Removing Cream, which I haven't tried and probably won't get around to for a while.

This is a foaming face wash and there's actually another kind available, the Komenuka (rice bran) Traditional Cleansing Paste, which I might try next when (and if) I finish this gigantic tube.

So, this horse oil thing, it's been a skincare trend in Japan and Korea, and I don't have much to say about it because for, well, there's been no "science" on this, just like placenta protein, snail slime, bee venom, and many other skincare trends. Not that I only use products backed by science, but that's something else entirely ^.^

But I do have a few things to say about this horse oil foaming face wash. First, I don't like the fragrance. It's an overly feminine scent that leans towards granny.

Second, I don't like how my skin feel after rinsing. It's very thick, and it's very foamy. But after rinsing, it leaves behind this odd friction on my skin, which makes me think that it's somehow acidic. You know how some cleansing foams works too well and your skin feels squeaky clean afterwards? Well, the result with this cleanser is sort of the opposite of squeaky, as if I'd tried to wash off waterproof sunscreen with a regular cleanser and it leaves behind a film because the regular cleanser was unsuccessful. So yeah, I don't like it.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts