Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Dear Beaute Himawari Oil In Shampoo & Conditioner

Been really enjoying this Dear Beaute Himawari Oil In Shampoo & Conditioner! There are three types, the brand new Smooth & Repair, Rich & Repair--this is what I'm using, and Gloss & Repair. This was a recommendation from Julia way back in 2017. When my sister did her international pharmacy rotation in Japan, I asked her to lug home for me a set of two 500mL pump bottles of shampoo and conditioner, two 360mL refill bags, and a 200g tube of Oil In Treatment. When she came home the summer of 2018, I was in the middle of moving house and, like many of my other bath and body stuff, they were misplaced among all the moving boxes, until now =.="

Shampoo

Conditioner

Treatment
 
Anyway, I ended up giving away the two refill bags as well as the Treatment tube to my sister. Turned out she didn't like them. She said the scent left her smelling sweaty the next day. So the first time I used this, I was mentally prepared for a strong feminine fragrance, the type that would leave me smelling more like sweat the next day. To my surprise though, it's a mild and pleasant fruity floral scent that even my toddler took notice. The evening I started using this, he ran to me from across the kitchen, took a long sniff of my hair and said, "Mama, you smell pretty!" Sold xD
 
This Himawari shampoo is unexpectedly thin and runny, probably because hubby and I had been using Daeng Gi Meo Ri Shampoo for Normal to Dry Scalp and for Damaged Hair and that both were a thick gel. That said, as with many Japanese shampoos, this one foams really well and I only need to use 3/4 pump to lather up my long-ish hair. Once air-dried, my hair is super soft and smooth, although it does feel a bit heavy and oily by the next afternoon. Still, I like it enough to pick up another set of refills, trying another variety (Gloss & Repair, I think), as well as the limited edition Moomin Scandinavian scent, whatever that means.

The conditioner has an interesting creamy texture, not at all silicone-y like most conditioners I've tried. It rinses really well too and doesn't leave my hair slippery-silicone-y. In short, I really like this shampoo and can't wait to try the others!

6 comments:

Julia said...

I'm glad you like it! I actually only ever used the blue and pink versions, haha.

Citrine said...

Awwwww from the baby comment. What a great sister you have...I dont think I ever agree to hauling heavy stuff like liquid across the globe.

D. said...

Hi Julia,

I just bought the pink version! ...I think, the Gloss and Repair, right? I'll let you know how it goes :)

How's the move going?

Cheers,
D.

D. said...

Hey Mina,

Yes, it's an unwritten rule in our family that anyone who goes to Japan will bring back suitcases of skincare and cosmetics for everybody LOL

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

I think it's Gloss and Repair, yes!

The move is going okay, I guess? Definitely more expensive than we first thought, but now it's mostly just buying last minute items (tea and Pokémon Anessa lol) and stuffing everything into our suitcases.

D. said...

Hi Julia,

Oh yes, moving homes are expensive no matter what, and even more so internationally. I feel your pain, having done it a few times myself. Ooof. Europe is super expensive!

Hang in there and good luck! And of course, stay safe and healthy!

XOXO
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts