Saturday, March 6, 2021

Kiehl's Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub Grapefruit

After finishing Kiehl's Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Body Polish, hubby and I moved on to this 56mL/2fl. oz. jar of Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub Grapefruit. This jar was from the Grapefruit Body Duo, also part of the Nordstrom order as the Body Polish (and also similarly misplaced for a few years...ha!). 


Given our great experience with the Body Polish, I expected this Body Scrub to be more or less the same. To my surprise, it wasn't! The only thing this Body Scrub had in common with the Body Polish was the apricot powder as exfoliating agent. Even then, the particles in this Body Scrub were somehow larger and much scratchier. Thankfully, its thicker cream base blunted some of that scratchiness. But still, as I used it on my elbows, knees, and bottom of my feet, I wondered how on earth anyone's skin could tolerate this stuff. At times, it felt like I was sanding myself with industrial sandpaper! The thicker cream base didn't rinse clean either, although I actually liked oily residue it left behind. After such rough exfoliation, I thought the oily residue calmed and soothed my skin a bit.

Meanwhile, hubby didn't like this Body Scrub at all and I couldn't blame him! He hated both how harsh it was and how oily it left his skin. He didn't care for the scent either. To me, it smelled nice but nothing reminiscent of grapefruit at all. Will not repurchase.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts