Friday, August 7, 2020

Tarte Glide & Go Buttery Lipstick

Along with full sizes of Tarte Quench Lip Rescue, I also tried these Glide & Go Buttery Lipstick in Melon Punch and Tangerine Target

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

To be honest, like the Lip Rescue I was mostly attracted to the paper tubes of these lipsticks. I'm guessing these Buttery Lipsticks are the replacements of the Amazonian Butter Lipsticks that was discontinued a while ago, judging from the same size paper tubes and how both had "butter" in their name. 

I actually like the formula to the Amazonian lipsticks better. Sure, these Glide & Go are also on the thin side, smooth, and moisturizing, but they lack the balminess the Amazonian lippies had, and they go on with more slip instead of that nice tug I enjoy. Sure, these Glide & Go also have the same minty sensation and scent, and they have a nice shine to their finish, but the Amazonian lippies were glossier.

Packaging for Glide & Go (left) versus Amazonian (right) lipsticks.

Perhaps the biggest difference between the two lipsticks is the white base: Glide & Go has it (less so in Melon Punch and more so in Tangerine Target), and Amazonian did not. The Amazonian we more pigmented but their translucency made them wearable for me.

- Melon Punch: shimmer-free medium rose but with slight white base resulting in semi-translucent finish.

- Tangerine Target: peach-nude in the tube with micro-shimmers that don't show. Applies a peachy coral on my lips and has more white base than Melon Punch. Even though the white base somewhat "adapts" to my lips, I still find myself preferring Melon Punch.

Melon Punch and Tangerine Target

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts