Friday, August 14, 2020

Boots No7 Radiant Results Nourishing Melting Gel Cleanser

Started using this 150mL/5fl. oz. tube of Boots No7 Radiant Results Nourishing Melting Gel Cleanser a couple of months ago after finishing Caudalie Make-up Removing Cleansing Oil. Unfortunately, I hate it and I'll tell you why.

This is a gel-to-oil cleanser that's to be massaged onto dry skin, whereupon it'll melt into an oil that will emulsify and then rinse off with water. At least that was how it was supposed to work. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work the way it was intended.

In reality, it's super thick gel that's so, so, so goopy and feels more like molasses than cleansing gel. Once massaged onto my skin, instead of melting it dries up and becomes a thick layer of glue on my face. I say glue because moving my fingers at all pulls on my skin badly, let alone massaging it all over. So I thought, okay, I must have used too much, and it's true I usually use my oil cleansers liberally.

Over the next several tries(!), I lessened and lessened the amount until there was little enough of this "cleansing gel" for it to start melting, about a quarter-sized dollop. It would have been helpful had the tube told me how much to use to begin with. Even then, although I try to dispense the quarter-size dollop every time, this being a squeeze tube means I don't get an identical amount each time. Worse, it seems there's a fine line between it drying up and it melting, and it's like shooting in the dark whether I had hit that critical point for the stuff to melt or risk getting glue all over my face again. This alone would have ruined the product for me because, come on, it's a cleansing gel, not quantum physics. It shouldn't take that much work (and guesswork) to figure out and use it. To be fair, I sometimes use a product incorrectly and so I want to give this a thorough trial. That was why I stuck with it. But the product goes on to disappoint still.


The real bummer comes when the cleansing gel finally melts and does what it's supposed to do: the "oil" it turns into is thin and super slick, the silicone-y feel I hate :( It even rinses like a silicone, very slippery, and leaves my face slippery also. Urgh. Oh, and it's scented with a cheap perfume fragrance, not unbearable but I'd rather go without. I hated it so much after a couple of months of struggling to use I finally squeeze the rest out into the trash bin and recycled the tube. Will not ever repurchase and do not recommend.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts