Friday, June 25, 2021

Handmade La Conner Sugar Scrub

Got this 4oz. glass jar of Handmade La Conner Sugar Scrub from my brother this past Christmas and promptly put it to good use.

Hubby and I have been on a body-scrub kick and I must have bought at least a dozen of them by now! Last winter was really cold and dry, so in addition to slathering on body oils and creams, we've been using these scrubs on our elbows and knees to keep them nice and soft. Hubby must have told my brother this so he went and bought this jar for me for Christmas. How sweet, no? ^.^


I didn't know what to expect, but this scrub turned out to be great. Actually, it's one of the best scrubs I've tried yet! The 4oz. jar is so tightly packed, after I scooped out 1/3 into a separate jar for hubby to use in our boys' bathroom (it's our emergency shower LOL), the rest still lasted me a good few months. Granted, I didn't use it everyday, but when I do use, I use it liberally. So it surprised me how long the jar lasted.
 
The sugar granules were large, just rough enough to provide sufficient exfoliation but not too harsh on the skin. There were enough shea butter, and coconut and avocado oil in the ingredients to leave a thick film behind after rinsing--not a bad thing as this film of oil moisturized my skin and I actually liked it quite a bit. However, this also meant I had to use this scrub right before I get out of the shower to prevent the moisture film from washing off. There was an herbal fragrance from all the herbal ingredients. I really enjoyed this scrub and will probably repurchase when the weather gets colder.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts