Saturday, June 26, 2021

Tocca Hand Cream

This Tocca Crema Quintette Hand Creams set was part of my hand-cream panic the winter of 2019, when I realized I was on my last tube and went on to restock a dozen more ^.^" There were 5 scents in the set: Cleopatra, Stella, Florence, Giulietta, and Bianca, each with 45mL/1.5fl. oz. of product content. 


The hand creams themselves were nice, thick and moisturizing but not greasy. I didn't love the scents as much, more so because they were overwhelming. Some of tubes I ended up using on my feet even (the farthest extremity from my nose ^.^) because I couldn't take the strong fragrance. So far I've only used up 3 tubes. The rest I'll get to later this year as these hand creams are too much for the current weather.

- Cleopatra: a strong sweet melon scent which I found rather odd. I didn't love it, and sometimes when it became too much I used the hand cream on my feet instead.

- Stella: smelled like plumeria with a fruity twist. Surprisingly, the scent didn't bother me as much, probably because of the fruitiness in it and it wasn't just floral. Still, there were times I had to use this on my feet as well.

- Florence: a very strong floral fragrance. I couldn't figure out what scent this was until my toddler remarked, "Mama, you smell like pretty tea!" That was when I realized he meant I smelled like the jasmine green tea his dad likes to drink. It was an ah-hah moment ^.^ What really impressed me was that hubby liked this scent enough to start using this hand cream on himself!

9 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, Florence sounds good! Their fragrance finder says I might like Giulietta (lol) or Bianca, so I will keep an eye out for those. (Apparently they're not actually an Italian company, but I did find some products here.

D. said...

Hi Julia,

I think Florence is the only one I like so far, on account of my hubby and my little boy haha They make soaps in these scents too!

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

I'll keep an eye out for it then!
On a related note, I kinda miss Japanese scents, the few perfume samples etc. I've gotten here were so heavy and cloying. Did you feel similarly after leaving Japan?

D. said...

Hi Julia,

Actually, both hubby and I miss Japanese scents very much. That's why I haven't stopped purchasing Japanese toiletries, skincare, and makeup even though there are a gazillion of options here as well. Like you, we find everything here over-scented and just overwhelmingly perfumy ^.^ In particular, I find French things especially heavily fragranced, even kids' stuff--ahem Mustela!--which boggles my mind! So yes, we miss all things Japan.

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

When I do buy French things (even though we're literally 30 minutes from the border, we haven't been there since moving back), I only buy the pharmacy brands like Avene, which are mostly unscented (same in the US I hope!), but I keep looking at perfume reviews and notes and they intrigue me until I actually smell them and they're so cloying. >.<

D. said...

Hey Julia,

I do use Avene here as well but they're also scented, even if not as strongly as other French skincare items I've tried. The Avene stuff I use here all say Made in France, but perhaps there's a difference between domestic versus export stuff?

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

Hm, odd. Maybe it's because I only buy the products for sensitive skin?

D. said...

Hi Julia,

Sorry I totally missed this comment!

I bought Avene for sensitive skin here too, and they are still scented >.<"

Julia said...

It happens, don't worry!

Hm, that sucks. Sensitive skin products shouldn't be scented.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts