B&C Laboratories is a Japanese brand and formerly known as Sony CP. I had no idea of this brand previously though, until I stumbled upon their ridiculously cute lip and moist creams. The moist creams are for hands, feet, wherever you feel like some moisturizing, and they are about twice the size of the lip creams. They are not meant for facial use.
The prices run $7-14 for the moist creams and $5-8 for the lip creams depending on where you buy, so these aren't exactly cheap. But I buy them for their packaging anyway :P You bet I won't be throwing these pots out after I'm done with the creams. They're just too freakin' cute, not to mention they'll provide nifty storage for many other creams I own. Goodbye boring old tubes!
- Apuru chan Moist Cream: the cream is packaged in an apple-shaped pot and smells good enough to eat - I love the scent of apples!!! By all means this cream is no intensive hand treatment, but it moisturizes my super dry skin well, absorbing fast and completely without that greasy feeling.
- Apuru chan Lip Cream: Smells soooooo good, like a fresh apple on your lips! The lip cream itself is wax based, but it's incredibly soft and not at all waxy! It also gives shine to my lips, like a balmy lip shine. If you like the "Water Lips" lip balms in the twist up sticks in Japan (of various brands), you will LOVE this lip cream. It gives your lips that "wet" feeling, only it is thicker in consistency and has great staying power.
As with all the lip treatments I like, I gave this lip cream my "overnight test," and it passed with a "B," meaning I don't wake up with moist lips, but not with dry and peeling lips either. Mind you, only a few passed this test of mine, and they are all oil-based, so this wax-based lip cream is quite a trooper. Considering I'm a side sleeper and roll around a lot in my sleep, this stuff has got to have real staying power to not dry up my lips after I've smashed my face against the pillow all night! See my gradings below.
- Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Soothing Lip Balm: A+ *MUAH* mon amour!
- Rosebud Perfume Company Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm: A-
- Rosebud Perfume Company Smith's Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm and Lancome Juicy Gelee (yes, I wear this to bed with the exception of the shimmery Diamond Tiara!): tie with a B+
- B&C Lab Apuru chan Lip Cream: B - not so bad for a wax-based lip balm!
Apuru chan Moist vs. Lip Creams, just for comparison's sake.
- Kumomo chan Moist Cream: also smells fresh and delicious! And I just adore the peach-shaped pot! However, this moist cream is a lot thinner in consistency in comparison to the apple moist cream, almost gel like! To that effect, it is also a lighter moisturizer, but still good.
- Kumomo chan Lip Cream: likewise, this lip cream is also much thinner in consistency in comparison to the apple lip cream. Actually, I'm shocked this peach lip cream is not oil-based because it feels identical to the Rosebud Perfume Company's original Smith's Rosebud Salve! Unfortunately, this means it also doesn't last very long for me, as with the Rosebud Salve. Oh well, still nice.
Kumomo chan Moist vs. Lip Creams
- Mikan chan Moist Cream: similar thickness and texture to the apple moist cream. Very nice. I like the mandarin orange scent a lot!
- Mikan chan Lip Cream: another wax-based lip balm to pass my overnight test with a B. Yippee!!
Mikan chan Moist vs Lip Creams.
I've been collecting these Canmake Cream Cheek since they came out, skipping only 06 Nut Cream because it was too brown for my taste. T...
So the US dollar has been going strong against the Japanese yen in the past several months. Right now, the exchange rate is about where it w...
I'd been eyeing these Opera Lip Tint for a long time, since their release in the fall of 2016 when I'd just moved home from Tokyo ...
I'm not sure why, but it took forever for these Canmake Lip & Cheek Gel SPF24 PA+ to show up at the drugstores in my neighborhood....
Here are my entire collection of Stila Convertible Color . Missing in the photos are the LE colors Peach Poppy, Coral, and Roseberry from t...
So I've been going around the drugstores in my area, looking for the new Canmake Lip & Cheek Gels that's supposed to be out mi...
I was so excited to get this limited edition of Canmake Cream Cheek CL05 Clear Happiness ! I'd been watching for its availability since ...
Finally, the newest installment of the Canmake Cream Cheek : a 14 Apple Cream Red in the regular line which I'd hunted down last fall...
* Disclaimer * Long, rambling post ahead. Most definitely TMI with some graphic descriptions. May cause some cringing. You've been wa...
A few weeks ago when I was browsing the Canmake website looking for the new Cheek & Cheek 08 Love Trap Flower that was supposed to be ...