B&C Laboratories is a Japanese brand and formerly known as Sony CP. I had no idea of this brand previously though, until I stumbled upon their ridiculously cute lip and moist creams. The moist creams are for hands, feet, wherever you feel like some moisturizing, and they are about twice the size of the lip creams. They are not meant for facial use.
The prices run $7-14 for the moist creams and $5-8 for the lip creams depending on where you buy, so these aren't exactly cheap. But I buy them for their packaging anyway :P You bet I won't be throwing these pots out after I'm done with the creams. They're just too freakin' cute, not to mention they'll provide nifty storage for many other creams I own. Goodbye boring old tubes!
- Apuru chan Moist Cream: the cream is packaged in an apple-shaped pot and smells good enough to eat - I love the scent of apples!!! By all means this cream is no intensive hand treatment, but it moisturizes my super dry skin well, absorbing fast and completely without that greasy feeling.
- Apuru chan Lip Cream: Smells soooooo good, like a fresh apple on your lips! The lip cream itself is wax based, but it's incredibly soft and not at all waxy! It also gives shine to my lips, like a balmy lip shine. If you like the "Water Lips" lip balms in the twist up sticks in Japan (of various brands), you will LOVE this lip cream. It gives your lips that "wet" feeling, only it is thicker in consistency and has great staying power.
As with all the lip treatments I like, I gave this lip cream my "overnight test," and it passed with a "B," meaning I don't wake up with moist lips, but not with dry and peeling lips either. Mind you, only a few passed this test of mine, and they are all oil-based, so this wax-based lip cream is quite a trooper. Considering I'm a side sleeper and roll around a lot in my sleep, this stuff has got to have real staying power to not dry up my lips after I've smashed my face against the pillow all night! See my gradings below.
- Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Soothing Lip Balm: A+ *MUAH* mon amour!
- Rosebud Perfume Company Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm: A-
- Rosebud Perfume Company Smith's Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm and Lancome Juicy Gelee (yes, I wear this to bed with the exception of the shimmery Diamond Tiara!): tie with a B+
- B&C Lab Apuru chan Lip Cream: B - not so bad for a wax-based lip balm!
Apuru chan Moist vs. Lip Creams, just for comparison's sake.
- Kumomo chan Moist Cream: also smells fresh and delicious! And I just adore the peach-shaped pot! However, this moist cream is a lot thinner in consistency in comparison to the apple moist cream, almost gel like! To that effect, it is also a lighter moisturizer, but still good.
- Kumomo chan Lip Cream: likewise, this lip cream is also much thinner in consistency in comparison to the apple lip cream. Actually, I'm shocked this peach lip cream is not oil-based because it feels identical to the Rosebud Perfume Company's original Smith's Rosebud Salve! Unfortunately, this means it also doesn't last very long for me, as with the Rosebud Salve. Oh well, still nice.
Kumomo chan Moist vs. Lip Creams
- Mikan chan Moist Cream: similar thickness and texture to the apple moist cream. Very nice. I like the mandarin orange scent a lot!
- Mikan chan Lip Cream: another wax-based lip balm to pass my overnight test with a B. Yippee!!
Mikan chan Moist vs Lip Creams.
Koyudo (晃祐堂) was established in 1979, only five years after Hakuhodo . But while Hakuhodo has reached worldwide recognition Koyudo is much...
I know, I know, I griped about a couple of powder brushes in my last Chikuhodo post , but here I am again posting about them again. Folks, ...
I've been collecting these Canmake Cream Cheek since they came out, skipping only 06 Nut Cream because it was too brown for my taste. T...
Okay, I didn't intend to review these newer Koyudo additions until much later but an anonymous reader left a comment asking me about my...
Update Sunday, August 9, 2015. Yelena Zheng of Jaywalking Birdwalking Jabberwocky who wrote the guest post Chikuhodo Z-1 versus Koyudo...
Three months into our Tokyo stay and I'm finally posting about our neighborhood. It's very quiet around here, for which I'm tha...
Urgh. About a month ago I went to the Mitsukoshi Ginza to play with some Suqqu Blend Color Eyeshadow testers, ...and left with two palett...
So the US dollar has been going strong against the Japanese yen in the past several months. Right now, the exchange rate is about where it w...
Another place I hang out a lot is Ginza , not to shop but to eat ^.^ In fact, I would never go shopping in Ginza, because all of Asia and t...
I was browsing the Coffret D'Or display a while back looking at testers for the Rouge Essence lipsticks, having read good things about...