After the Lancome Juicy Gelee in Fruit Punch, I decided I've got to have more of these on hand. Unfortunately, Lancome has discontinued them, so most colors are no longer available and you'll have to get them from Ebay.
Just like the Juicy Tubes, these Juicy Gelees have nice colors but their flavors are totally hit or miss. May be it's a Lancome thing. I do love their texture and how moisturizing they are though, so I guess I'll just have to put up with the less than stellar flavors. Good thing they don't have a taste. Yuck. Also, although they have different colors, they all go on sheer, so the colors are pretty much just for show :D
- Fruit Punch: my first Juicy Gelee
- Lemond Twist: there's nothing lemony about this one aside from the fact that it's a beautiful and cheery yellow. However, there's definitely a twist - it smells like an overwhelming old lady's perfume. Actually, I think it's the scent of orange blossom, but either way, ick! I was very tempted to toss it out, but I stuck with it a while and the flavor lightened up substantially after several uses. It still smells like an old lady's perfume, only a bit more tolerable.
- Pink Lollipop: now this is what I'm talking about - my favorite flavor ever! I like this flavor the best, even better than Fruit Punch! Actually, it's the exact same flavor (and color!) as the Juicy Tubes in Daiquiri, sweet and sugary, yum! I love it!
- Crown Jewel: now this flavor surprises me. It's a very light grapefruit scent and to think of it, the color reminds me of red grapefruit too!
- Diamond Tiara: When this one arrived in the mail, I thought, "Crap..." Generally, I prefer my lip glosses without any shimmers at all. Of course, that doesn't prevent me from owning a gazillion of shimmery glosses, but I do try my best to avoid them. Of course, I didn't expect Diamond Tiara to have any shimmers. Of all the pictures I looked at, I couldn't tell whether or not it has any, but I took a risk a bought it anyway and, well, it turns out to have loads of them! Grr... Good thing the shimmers were very very fine and didn't affect the texture of the gloss at all (lots of shimmers usually makes the gloss feels grainy and not as smooth). It also has similarly sweet flavor as the Pink Lollipop, which is definitely nice.
See my previous Lancome Juicy Gelee post.
Sweet September 2011 with Anna Sui GWP
1 year ago