Saturday, October 4, 2008

Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil

Woops, it never occurred to me I should review this Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil even though I've been using for almost 2 years now. In fact, I didn't even remember it until I was putting out my winter clothes, all of which smelled like...oil.


***Picture from Burtsbees.com.

I have dry skin. Everywhere. Not just on my face, my hands, but all over. Body lotions and creams just have no effects whatsoever on me as I would be itchy and patchy all the same. So when I started using DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, I thought about using a body oil too!

But first let me side track a little :D You know what, I just noticed many of the stuff I'd posted on this blog, I've been using for around 2-3 years. I think it all has to do with the time I spent working in Japan, well, 2 years ago. What can I say, the experience changed me. I remember myself before going abroad to live in a country whose culture and language I knew nothing about (it actually wasn't that bad...it wasn't like I camped out in the Sahara or anything...). Nonetheless, before the trip, I was boring, bland, and ignorant as hell. Well, I still am all that, just a lot more opinionated and picky about my dullness and stupidity. Anyhoo, if you're wondering why I've been using a lot of these stuff for about 2 years, that's why. Before Japan, I was clueless...and could not care less.

Okay, back to Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil :D Basically, I settled on this body oil because all the other options didn't sound very good to me. I tried baby oil, and it was greasy and made me smell like a baby's butt. I tried Neutrogena Body Oil, and it's main ingredient is sesame oil, which made me think I'm rubbing Chinese food all over myself. So I ended up with Burt's Bees.

Over all, I wasn't too impressed. It was as heavy and greasy as the baby oil, just that the lemony scent made me feel better about being oil-slick all over. The detrimental aftermath of it, though, was, well, the oil itself. It was everywhere! It soaked through my clothes and towels and made them all smelled like oil. It even ruined several of my satin pajama pants and stained my cream-colored canvas couch! I still can't believe I put up with it for almost 2 years! That's it. Time to try something else. I. Quit.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts