Monday, February 9, 2009

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine Soda Fountain

Given how much I hated the original C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine, buying these from the Soda Fountain Collection was a bit...er...silly of me. But hey, we've already established that I'm a total sucker for pretty things, and plus Bath & Body Works had a sale so...I'm weak, I know.

Anyhoo, the Mentha Lip Shines from the Soda Fountain Collection turned out to be not so bad. Yes, they're still too sweet for their own good, but their texture is a bit thicker and not as runny as the original, so they don't bleed as much and don't irritate my skin. There are 4 flavors available in the collection: Butterscotch Vanilla Sundae, Hot Fudge Sundae, Marshmallow Sundae, and Strawberry Sundae. I bought Butterscotch and Strawberry, and I'm glad I got those 2. I probably will not try the other 2 flavors because one is too pale and the other is, well, too brown.

Butterscotch Vanilla Sundae: a Lancome Juicy Tubes in Touched by Light lookalike, only thinner in texture with minty sweet vanilla flavor. It is just a sparkling clear gloss with warm golden shimmers and still retains its smooth texture.


Strawberry Sundae: for me, this one was the riskier buy of the 2 since I don't know how opaque it would be on my lips. I've ran into tons of innocent looking lip balms/gloss that turned totally opaque on me. Luckily, this one ends up being my favorite one between the 2! It smells like tangy candy, not strawberry sundae, but with minty sweet flavor, and goes on a very pretty milky (but not opaque!) sakura pink! It gives my lips that sweet look that does not make me pale but instead, more feminine! If you have naturally red lips, this one will tone them down and make them look pretty at the same time :D

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Hey...I like what you said about the strawberry one, I actually don't have any lip gloss that smells like strawberry...

When I want to tone down my lip color, I just use Stila grapefruit...I have to say, for someone who swears but those 3 bucks a piece (while on sale) Sally Hansen glosses, stila lip glaze is a complete rip-off, it didn't even last me for a whole month...

The color actually looks like Stila too...

D. said...

Hello :D

Thanks! And I totally agree that Stila is a total rip off. That's why I haven't been buying any :D I don't like the Lip Glaze that much to justify spending the money :D

I haven't tried my Stila Grapefruit Lip Glaze yet, but I do like Strawberry Sundae Mentha Lip Shine a lot (even though I actually hate the original flavor), so you might want to check it out too! It goes on a milky pinky sakura color, but it's not opaque at all!!! I'd never thought I'd say this but I'd recommend these :D

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts