Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Shrimp Scampi

Was trying to get back into the roll of things and, well, started craving Italian food. Gosh I miss Jersey. So what do I do but looked up the recipe on the internet and try to make it myself! I had pasta, a couple of tomatoes, and shrimps. Google turned up Shrimp Scampi and I thought, damn, that sounds really hard to make!

It turns out this dish's surprisingly easy to make! I couldn't believe it at first but after making it (and try eating it), I literally squealed because now I know how to make Shrimp Scampi! ^.^ Here's the recipe of Shrimp Scampi I tried.


I threw in the crab legs I had too ^.^


Ingredients:
- Shrimps, peeled and deveined, as many as you wish
- Garlic, 3-4 large cloves, minced
- Pasta
- Fresh tomatoes, 2-3, diced
- Butter, 1/3 - 1/5 stick
- Extra virgin olive oil, generous
- White wine, I substituted with sake and it tasted just as good, 1/5 cup

Seasonings:
- Salt, 3/4 - 1 teaspoon (makes about 6 servings)
- Preferably fresh cracked pepper, generous sprinkles
- Fresh parsley, chopped, or dried parsley will work
- Cane sugar, 1/4-1/3 teaspoon
- Optional: crushed chile pepper, for garnish

Steps:
- Cook pasta, set aside
- In a pot, melt butter, throw in garlic and stir quickly, then add olive oil, cook for a couple of minutes
- Add white wine (I used sake), salt, pepper, sugar, cook for a couple more minutes until emulsified
- Add shrimps, cook until almost completely done before adding diced tomatoes, cook the tomatoes for a couple of minutes
- Sprinkle parsley over sauce and toss with pasta
- Serve immediately.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts