Bought the remaining 2 palettes of Coffret D'Or Eye Appeal Shadows in Taipei also and was using them on and off while visiting my folks, whenever I got bored with Kate Wide Edge Eyes ^.^
02 Fairy Pink and 05 Mint Purple. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.
Since I have already reviewed 01 Sweet Brown, 03 Gray Silver, and 04 Nudy Beige in detail, I'm just going to cut right to the chase with these 2 ^.^
- 02 Fairy Pink: I was really looking forward to this one, after all, that sparkling top wash is lilac. And while I loved this top wash, the medium crease shade disappointed me terribly - it was no medium crease shade at all! Of course, what was I expecting, buying a "fair pink" palette, but you know how some pinks can and do show up well on the crease? Not this one I'm afraid. It was way too light and sheer it barely showed up on the back of my hand! Can you tell from the swatch picture I layered it like crazy? So yeah, this palette was a let down, pretty much just 3 light shades and a liner shade.
- Sparkling top wash: metallic, low intensity. A very pretty lilac. It looks totally sheer in the swatch picture but it's not.
- Base and highlight: pearl, low intensity. A pale pinky white with a pearly pink sheen. It's a bit more pigmented than the base and highlighter for the other palettes.
- Liner: shimmer, high intensity. An odd black that doesn't quite belong in a palette of pink and lilac, in my humble opinion. I'd much rather have a deep inky blue or purple.
- Medium shade: shimmer, low intensity. A cool and pale shell pink and not a medium shade by any means! They really should have gone with a darker pink at least. Oh well.
The second surprise was that I ended up liking this palette way more than I thought ^.^ Opposite with the 02 Fairy Pink, I was iffy about this one, thinking the pale sea foam green base and highlighter would clash with the lavender, and that the lavender would be too light for a crease shade. I was wrong on both counts. They complemented each other well, and the lavender was just right, not too light, but not too dark either.
Clockwise from top left:
- Sparkling top wash: metallic, low intensity. A true silver. I should have waited for this shade to dry up and take a swatch picture the next day, but I was in a rush to get all the picture-taking done. Sorry!
- Base and highlight: pearl, low intensity. A pale sea foam green with a pearly sheen.
- Liner: shimmer, high intensity. A cool toned blueish purple. Totally rocked as a liner shade!
- Medium shade: shimmer, medium intensity. An eye-popping lavender, especially on top of the sea foam green base!
See my previous Coffret D'Or Eye Appeal Shadow post.