Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hempz Pomegranate Herbal Body Wash

With lots of help from hubby, I managed to finish this 100mL/3.4fl.oz tube of Hempz Pomegranate Herbal Body Wash. This is a deluxe travel sized tube I got from Ulta Spring 2013 GWP, with the Avaha Deadsea Water Mineral Body Lotion. The tube is quite big for a travel size, most of which are around 30mL. I also like that the tube was sealed with a foil sticker underneath the flip top. No mess, and it stays fresh until I get to it!

Ulta Spring 2013 GWP.
***Screencap from Ulta.com.

I was looking forward to trying this body wash, actually. It supposedly contains 100% natural hemp seed oil with claims of gentle cleansing and promises of hydration and moisture. It's very strongly scented with a fruity scent, pomegranate much? It doesn't foam like rabid Japanese body washes, but it does foam better than other gooey pudding-thick American body washes.

Unfortunately, I hated it. I couldn't stand the super strong scent, and I washed with it once and it made me dry and itchy all over. No, it wasn't an allergic reaction because there was no redness or bumps, just dry and flaking skin that was itching like crazy! And no, I didn't squeeze half a tube out onto my puff or anything. Just a tiny little dollop no bigger than a dime. Urgh. So yeah, it went to hubby for a second opinion, and turned out he liked it! He didn't like the strong fragrance though, and I'd be surprised if he did. Glad I tried this but no way in hell I'll buy it.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts