Sunday, April 20, 2014

Canmake Candy Wrap Lip Part IV

More Canmake Candy Wrap Lips, although admittedly I'm tired of the brand ever since they let me down not so gently with the latest Canmake Cream Cheek Clear Series CL05 Clear [un]Happiness :( That said, I'm considering trying their eyebrow pencils since Yumeko of Bitten Before said some time ago she's been using the brand's brow pencils for a decade! Since paying some attention to shaping my thin and sparse brows I've only been using the only brow compact I have, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Highlighting Brow Kit, and I'm getting quite bored of it ^.^

09 Dark Night Plum, formerly a limited edition but was popular enough to be brought back in the permanent lineup, and 13 Mellow Berry Milk. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

To recap since this is the 4th post on a running series, these are lip glosses that are unscented, smooth and decently thick but not sticky at all, and very moisturizing on my lips. Many of the colors, I'd say about more than half, are shimmer free, translucent, and buildable. The gloss's lasting power is very good, outlasting the color by a few hours with eating and drinking, whereas the color fades after about 2-3 hours. Overall, this is a fraction of the price of, say Lancome Juicy Tubes, and in my opinion are comparable if not better due to their fragrance-free formula and mostly shimmer-free color options.

09 Dark Night Plum: looks a shimmer-free deep plum in the tube but swatches with more mauve on the back of my hand and goes on with even more red on my lips. In the end, this deep plum becomes more of a raspberry on my lips, nowhere as dark and plummy as it looks in the tube. The best part is that despite the depth of the color it's not opaque and is still buildable as with other brightly colored Candy Wrap Lips. This is a great thing and this color is completely wearable for me! Some gals really rock the opaque dark lips look but unfortunately my lips aren't as cooperative with my fair-medium but overly warm yellow-toned skin. I used to not be able to wear even similarly translucent Clinique Almost Lipstick Black Honey, although thankfully after a few years (of aging? lol) my lip color changed and I can now wear it, though it's still not my favorite. But hey, there's nothing wrong with keep trying so here I am trying out 09 Dark Night Plum, and like it, enough to carry it in my bag! Yeah!

Out of all 13 Candy Wrap Lips, in my humble opinion there are only 4 that stand out the most color-wsie. They are (from bottom up, left to right swatches) 04 Lady Strawberry, 05 Pinkholic Syrup, 07 Hot Marmalade, and 09 Dark Night Plum. You already know 04 Lady Strawberry, 05 Pinkholic Syrup, and 07 Hot Marmalade are among my favorites. I do love some of the other colors too, but these 4 are most unique among the lineup. 


13 Mellow Berry Milk: a shimmer free milky baby pink that's pretty much a sheer gloss. Still wearable even with the lack of color because of its translucency, so it's not a total loss like 11 Fleur Honey, which I can't wear because it's milky and opaque :(

09 Dark Night Plum and 13 Mellow Berry Milk.

Since 13 Mellow Berry Milk looks rather similar to 01 Sugar Love, I've swatched them side by side for comparison. 01 Sugar Love has just a tiny bit more color and is definitely a warmer pink.

01 Sugar Love (bottom tube, left swatch) and 13 Mellow Berry Milk (top tube, right swatch).


See my previous posts:
Canmake Candy Wrap Lip
Canmake Candy Wrap Lip Part II
Canmake Candy Wrap Lip Part III

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts