Saturday, December 7, 2013

Canmake Cream Cheek Part IV Clear Series

I was so excited to get this limited edition of Canmake Cream Cheek CL05 Clear Happiness! I'd been watching for its availability since reading about its release on Rouge Deluxe ^.^ Look how orange it is!!!

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


I noticed the clasp on the lid is different! Check out older oval nub clasp (left) versus the newest CL05's bow-shaped clasp ^.^ The metallic sparkles on top of the lid forms a heart shape too, versus the older circle.

CL05 Clear Happiness: The formula remains the same lovely shimmer free thin gel, which I love! Sadly though, there are some major disappointments with this one. The first is the lack of pigmentation - there's a noticeable difference in pigmentation level between this CL05 and the previous four in the Clear Series :( You can see for yourself the comparison swatches below. 

The second disappointment is the color itself. Despite looking a decidedly orangey coral in the pan, it swatches more of a pinky coral, and after blending, the coral is completely gone and it's just pink T.T I couldn't believe my eyes with the first few swatches and blamed the bright daylight for washing it out. I even waited to actually wear it on my cheeks several times afterwards! Unfortunately, it was not the bright daylight. This CL05 is both sheerer and *not* orange! It gives me a fresh healthy looking flush, but that's it.

Below I compared CL03 Clear Sunset (a warm reddish coral) to CL05 Clear Happiness to show pigmentation and color difference. CL05 looks even more orangey in the pan next to CL03, and yet look what happens after swatching :( CL03 is clearly reddish coral and most definitely more pigmented after blending. Meanwhile, CL05 just looks pink and sheer. Sad. Very sad *sniff*

CL03 Clear Sunset (left) versus CL05 Clear Happiness (right).


See my previous posts:
Canmake Cream Cheek
Canmake Cream Cheek Part II Clear Series
Canmake Cream Cheek Part III Clear Series

5 comments:

kuri said...

That's a bummer!
Guess I won't need to pick this one up then.

D. said...

Hi kuri,

Yeah, major disappointment with this one, sadly. I was really hoping for orange >.<''

Oh well. I'm glad I have it in my collection but I like the previous 4 better!

D.

The Driveller Kate said...

No happiness! :(((((
But thank you for this post -- I'd been trying fruitlessly to track this down, but will opt for a CL03 backup instead.

D. said...

Hi Kate!

You're so welcome! Thank you for reading and commenting ^.^

Yeah, I'm a fan of orange so this is definitely a sad let down. If you still want to try it though, I got mine from here (not affiliated) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-NEW-CANMAKE-Cream-Cheek-8-Colors-Make-up-Japan-/161005956429?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item6b24047d1c

Cheers,
D.

Unknown said...

I bought this and tried it myself, and it is faint on me but the color is a true warm coral. I just build it up with my fingers and it lasts a pretty long time on me. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you, but I agree the other shades in the Clear line are amazing!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts