Friday, December 27, 2013

Lancome Tonique Radiance Clarifying Exfoliating Toner

If it weren't for my quick trip I wouldn't have a chance to try this 50mL travel size of Lancome Tonique Radiance Clarifying Exfoliating Toner. Whenever I see a product with "clarifying" in its name, I automatically assume it's for oilier skin and would probably be harsher on my dry skin. It was from the Nordstrom Spring 2012 GWP, along with Creme Douceur Cream-to-Oil Massage Cleanser and Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector reviewed previously.


One word for this toner: alcohol. So much alcohol! It's very strongly perfumed also, with a flowery scent that unfortunately clashes with the alcohol. I feel like I'm wiping down my face with a stinky eau de toilette every morning. Yuck. 

But other than the alcohol and the perfume, the toner itself isn't as harsh as I thought it would be. After spending a few days in the hot and humid climate, I went to the other end of the spectrum and visited my folks in a cold and dry climate (10 days there and I came home with cracked hands and heels, chapped lips, etc.). I took this Lancome toner with me, curious to see what kind of havoc it would wreck. I'm crazy, I know. My skin is amazingly tolerant of both products and my nuttiness. Luckily, there was no havoc. The toner didn't moisturize my skin, but it doesn't dry it out either in that cold and dry weather. Granted, I'm also layering several products, but this didn't stop some toners from stinging, burning, and flaking off my cheeks and chin (ahem Tonique Confort Comforting Rehydrating Toner!).

So I've used several alcohol-laden toners now, two from Clinique (Lotion 1 and Lotion 2) and two from Lancome (this and Tonique Confort). I prefer Clinique over Lancome, because Clinique is unscented and I like the clean and astringent effect from the witch hazel. 

Lancome Tonique Radiance Clarifying Exfoliating Toner:
AQUA / WATER / EAU, ALCOHOL DENAT., GLYCERIN, p-ANISIC ACID, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, NELUMBO NUCIFERA FLOWER EXTRACT, LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, LINALOOL, ROSA GALLICA EXTRACT / ROSA GALLICA FLOWER EXTRACT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, CRYPTOMERIA JAPONICA BUD EXTRACT, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE.
***List of ingredients from Lancome USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts