If I could describe this 125g/4.2oz. jar of Clinique Take the Day Off Charcoal Cleansing Balm in one word, it would be "tragic." Why? Because it was supposedly unscented but being unscented didn't mean there was no smell. There was a smell, and an unpleasant one of charcoal and grease at that. When I first used it, hubby commented, "It stinks." Of course, it wasn't actually "stinky" but the odor was definitely disagreeable, much so that even I couldn't stand it after a while. So after a week of use, I scooped the rest into the trash. Boo. Hiss.

But other than the odor, the balm was pretty smooth and thick. It rinsed well too. Being a charcoal cleansing balm, once massaged on it turned my face completely black. I pranked my boys once, applying it all over my face and neck and had hubby tricked them coming into a room whereupon I turned around and booed them. My 3rd grader jumped, and my Kindergartener froze LOL
...And being a charcoal product, it broke me out along the jaw line.
This wasn't a new thing. For some reason, skincare products containing
charcoal tend to clog my pores and break me out. I thought since this
balm was a cleanser and I'd be washing it off, it would be different.
Nope. No difference. So far, the only charcoal product I'd used that
didn't break me out was Boscia Charcoal MakeUp Melter Cleansing Oil-Balm.
To be fair, the Boscia Charcoal Oil-Balm was also a tiny 15g sample jar
so maybe it just didn't have a chance to break me out. Either way, I'll
be steering clear of all charcoal anything from now on.




No comments:
Post a Comment