Saturday, October 5, 2013

Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector

Had 2 of these 7mL sample bottles of Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector through various GWP promotions, one of which landed me the Creme Douceur Cream-to-Oil Massage Cleanser deluxe trial tube!

The promotion also came with the Tonique Radiance 50mL/1.7oz. which I still haven't gotten around to try yet!

This is a serum that couldn't be more vaguely described - it promises to "visibly correct" pores and wrinkles (based on a clinical study with consumer evaluation after 4 weeks of use). First of all, does "visibly corrected" pores mean the pores appear smaller or are they measurably smaller? Oh wait, they can't be measurably smaller because that would defy science. And if the pores only appear smaller, why would I bother spending big bucks with this serum when I can just get myself a good foundation that will make my pores "visibly" disappeared? Hmm...

Sarcasms aside, I was expecting to react similarly to the Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate, as in not impressed, but it surprised me that I like this one better than the Genifique. No, it didn't defy science, nor did it even make my pores appear smaller. However, my skin did feel instantly smooth and silky the moment I apply it. In fact, it feels like I had applied a translucent smoothing powder when in fact I'd only applied a serum. The serum itself is more like a light milk. It goes on light and absorbs instantly. The scent is nice too.

My major complaints with this product are that it's pretty and expensive. Yes, it's a milky pearly white serum with useless shimmers that gives it a pretty pearlescent pink sheen. If this is what makes pores appear smaller, I'd feel like an even bigger idiot paying all that money for it. There are countless other products that are pearlescent (think liquid highlighter, makeup base, pearlized foundation, BB creams, etc.) and will achieve the same result for much, much less than $69 for 0.67oz.! Will not purchase, ever.

Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector:
AQUA / WATER / EAU, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., SODIUM TETRAHYDROJASMONATE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE, POLYSILICONE-11, DIMETHICONE, BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 DIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLY ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, SODIUM HYALURONATE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ADENOSINE, ARGILLA / MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONOL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, TETRAHYDROJASMONIC ACID, CITRONELLOL, INULIN LAURYL CARBAMATE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE.
***List of ingredients from Lancome USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts