Thursday, October 3, 2013

Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener

Finished this 150mL/5fl oz. Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener almost two weeks ago so it's time to review. I was in the market for a toner when I picked it up along with The Skincare Hydro-Balancing Softener during Shiseido Skincare Bonus event last fall. I chose them over the few other Shiseido toner options because both are alcohol free.

***Screencap from Shiseido USA.

This toner is watery and is scented with the same fresh clean scent as the rest of the Pureness line. I was expecting for it to be drying and perhaps even a bit harsh, but it wasn't as all, so that was a nice surprise. I only use this toner to exfoliate with in the mornings, because at night I need something a little more moisturizing and less watery. Over all this toner does what it's supposed to do, which is to provide some follow up cleansing and exfoliation without being too stripping. Still, for that alone I do think it's a bit expensive and will not repurchase.

Also, since Shiseido The Skincare Hydro-Balancing Softener, I've stopped using facial cottons to exfoliate with toners in the morning. I feel not only they're wasteful and generate lots of trash, they don't really do a good job of exfoliation to begin with. When they do exfoliate, they are too exfoliating after having been pilled up and become scratchy. So what do I use with these watery toners in the morning? Why, facial cleansing cloths, of course! 

Those like Rose Mure Facial Cloths and The Body Shop Facial Muslin Cloth are actually quite perfect for the job, especially thicker cloths like the Rose Mure ones with one side softer and one side that's more exfoliating, which allows for flexibility depending on needs. The Body Shop Muslin Cloth is much thinner, so thin I have to fold it into thirds before pumping toner onto it. Even then, if I'm not careful the toner would still fall right through the folded cloth into my palm. However, this thinness is really handy when it comes washing/wiping off treatment masks! So with ample stock of facial cleansing cloths in rotation, I just launder the used/dirty ones and hang dry. Why did I wait for so long to do this? 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts