Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray

Happy New Year!!!

I got this freebie 30mL/1fl oz. Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray also in 2012, although I don't remember from where. I was thrilled when I got it though, because I've been wanting to try this spray since it came out! I also brought this with me on my short trip as one of the layering products.

This is pretty much a light layer of oil-free and unscented hydration. After Astalift Jelly Aquarysta, SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion and Essence, I sprayed this on, let dry, then apply a light serum or essence (Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus, will review next), then seal in with a light moisturizer (Phytomer Hydra Original Thirst-Relief Melting Cream, will also review next).

I like this spray! Clinique markets it as a hydrator (in the moisturizer section - confusing, I know!) and not a hydrating toner or essence/treatment. It actually did its job for me! It was really sunny where I was and hubby and I had slathered on lots of sunscreen, which can get really drying and this helped a lot. I used to have some trouble with absorption using the Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief under my moisturizer (it worked much much better over my moisturizer, believe it or not!), but not with this spray. This spray went on underneath my moisturizer fine!

Over all, it was nice and light and I so wished I had it with me in Taipei when my skin was going nuts and getting all clogged up! I had to stop layering skincare products then: heavy humidity + pollution = clog city! It was so humid things would take forever to absorb, and expectedly the many layers worsened the clogging :( This would have made my life so easy as I could have used just this and it would have been enough! Oh well. I'll be much better prepared next time around, that's for sure!

By the way, while checking this out on Sephora I spotted the new Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Oil! Like BB/CC creams, you know an Asian skincare trend is taking off when it shows up in mainstream US market ^.^ It's going for $22/200mL which is very decent considering DHC is $28 for the same amount and FANCL is $26 for a mere 120mL. Like Lancome Creme Douceur Cream-to-Oil Massage Cleanser, count me excited! Now I just need a good excuse promotion to come along and I'd totally try the Lancome Huile Douceur too if it weren't so absurdly expensive at $37 for the same 220mL.
***Stock picture from Sephora USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts