Monday, September 15, 2014

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

In addition to the Sephora Give Me Some Lips, there's also the Sephora Favorites Draw the Line that comes out every holiday season. It's just that I never gave a rat's ass about eye liners before and thus didn't pay the Draw the Line set any attention. That was, until last year when my friend A. recommended Eyeko's range of eyeliners to me, specifically the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner, a 0.04oz. mini version of which was among the Draw the Line edition 2013. Yup, pretty much my cue to pick up the set.

Sephora Favorites Draw the Line 2013 includes Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray, this Eyeko Mini Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Black, Sephora Collections Long-lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner 02 Glitter Black, Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 0L Matte Black, Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black, and the dual-ended Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Demolition-Perversion. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I have to say I'm really pleased with this Draw the Line 2013 set! Save for the Stila Smudge Stick Stingray repeat, everything else was new and interesting. I admit my enthusiasm for it is largely based on a whole new level of receptiveness - this year has been year of the eye liners for me (and the bb creams, and brushes!), but it doesn't change the fact that this was an excellent set! In fact, I was totally excited about the prospect of the 2014 set, and when I did see it I was underwhelm :( We'll see. If this eye liner craze of mine doesn't die down I might have to pick up this set too, but for now I don't plan on it.

Eyeko, on the other hand, is a winner all around! I have worn this mini Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black several times now and I love it. Being named Liquid Eyeliner makes me think this is a brush tip with liquid ink. However, this is actually a felt-tip pen, and sure it's soaked with ink but since nothing is "dripping" per se I don't really think of it as "liquid". I mean, you wouldn't think of a marker as "liquid", right, because there's no loose liquid in it?

The formula is not thin and runny like Clio Waterproof Pen Liner, but it's not as thick and creamy like the Victoria's Secret VS Graphic Liner Pen either. The consistency is somewhere in between with absolutely no bleeding or feathering at all, not on the back of my hand, not on my lids! In fact, this may sound terrible but this pen is pretty much a permanent marker for your eyes ^.^" It does not smudge, and it lasts all day!

- Black: now this is where both Clio and VS have an upper hand over Eyeko, because this black is not the most intense jet black as far as eyeliners go, at least not in comparison to Clio and VS. Don't get me wrong, it's black for sure, but if you want a more intense black you'll have to layer over it. But that's not to say that I don't like this black. I actually prefer it over a more intense black, because my lashes and brows are quite thin and sparse, so lining my eyes with a really intense black will result in a really harsh Egyptian-eyes look. 

So yes, I definitely recommend this Eyeko pen! The only downside is that there isn't much of a color choice at all. Black is standard and readily available in full size as well as the mini version. Brown used to be available but was discontinued, although I did find a couple via Ebay. Purple was a limited edition a while back, and after much stalking I managed to track down just one via Ebay. Navy is only available in the UK, which shouldn't be a problem but the international "royal" airmail to the US also commands a royal [pain in the...] price tag - GBP8! I've been combing the net and only recently got my hands on just one! I also got a couple of really nice promotions via Eyeko's online shop. So let's just say you can expect to see at least 2 more Eyeko posts coming up soon enough ^.^

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts