Sunday, January 4, 2015

Lavshuca Girly Whip Cheek

These Lavshuca Girly Whip Cheeks were results of me getting bored and frustrated with the Japanese cosmetic scenes last summer (as with the Visee Glam Shade Eyes...). Out of the 4 colors available, I picked OR-1 and RD-1, because they look the most pigmented among the various online swatches.

Lavshuca Girly Whip Cheek OR-1 and RD-1. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Packaging and formula wise, these are identical to the much loved Canmake Whip Mousse Lips (why did Canmake discontinue these again?!? T.T). They're in the same size tube with a fuzzy tip applicator. The whipped formula is lovely creamy and blends well. Now wait a minute, I actually would *not* recommend rushing to get these, because they're a far cry from the Canmake version in terms of pigmentation, and worse, at more than double the price! Sigh. See the swatches for yourself. They're sheer, sheer, and sheer, and I've already picked the supposedly most pigmented 2 shades out of the lineup! Boo. Hiss.

OR-1: a peach with very fine shimmers that don't really show, but they're definitely there if you look closely at the tube. How is this "orange", I don't know, because as you can see it's not orange at all! Gives me a nice healthy glow but I do wish it was more pigmented. And that's me speaking so you should get the idea how painfully sheer these are!

RD-1: a warm reddish pink, again with gold micro shimmers that don't show unless you look closely at the tube. This color is slightly better pigmented than the OR-1 above but not by much :(

OR-1 and RD-1.

4 comments:

kuri said...

Boo, glad I never picked these up - the packaging turned me off anyway :)

D. said...

Hi kuri,

Yeah, it's disappointing isn't it? Did you get a chance to try the Canmake Whip Mousse Lips at all? It's basically identical only way better ^.^ Too bad Canmake discontinued it. May be try Rakuten JP?

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

I never actually bought them - so pretty but you know, so many products, so little time. I will start with TonyMoly tints though :)

D. said...

Hi kuri,

TonyMoly is an excellent start ^.^ I hope you'll like them!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts