Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Astalift Regenerating Night Cream

Through various promotions and whatnot, I have two 15g jars of this Astalift Regenerating Night Cream, one of which I've been using for the past month. I don't remember where I got the second jar from, but the first jar was from the Discovery Collection, which also included Astalift's star product the Jelly Aquarysta (a great item but after many a jars I got bored and quit :P), the Day Cream which is called Replenishing Day Cream in English, and the Nurturing Eye Cream.

Astalift Discovery Collection.

From my experience with the Day Cream as well as the Eye Cream, both of this are thick and moisturizing, if a little too thick and too moisturizing, especially the Eye Cream, I was expecting the Night Cream to be even thicker and even more moisturizing. And while it's the same milky orangey cream and rose scented, to my great surprise the Night Cream is lighter than both! Huh? How does that work? 

I thought perhaps it was because I had used the Japanese formulation of the Day Cream and thus it was different. That or Astalift reformulated their creams. Either way, I dug out a jar of the Replenishing Day Cream to compare. This Replenishing Day Cream too indeed feels lighter to the touch than its Japanese version, but on the skin it's still heavier than the Night Cream! Weird. Shouldn't it be the other way around? 

Not that I'm complain at all, because I actually prefer this Night Cream over the Day Cream, Japanese formulation or otherwise. It's light, absorbs very fast and leaves my skin velvety soft. And mind you, light doesn't mean not moisturizing enough, the opposite of that is true, and I find the Night Cream adequately moisturizing as the last sealing layer for my nightly routine. Best of all it doesn't turn my face into a oil field the next morning! I appreciate that, and I'm enjoying this Night Cream very much. Glad to have 2 jars of it ^.^

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts