Sunday, January 18, 2015

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Part II

Last of the Sephora Favorites 2014 Draw the Line set is this mini Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Dark Brown. In fact, I bought this set for just this liner, having been tempted with the mini in Intense Black from the 2013's set.

This Sephora Favorites 2014 Draw the Line also includes: Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12HR Wear Black Lace, Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer, NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion and Rockstar, and Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

After having made the swatches below, I let them set for 5 minutes then did some tests: touch, rub, running under warm water, and rubbing under running warm water. This Stila liner did not smear when touched or rubbed. It didn't smudge under running warm water either. However, when I rubbed with some force under running warm water, it washed off completely!

I couldn't believe my eyes of course, after all the Intense Black version didn't budge at all - that was the reason I bought this set to begin with, because the black was so good I wanted the mini brown also! I was so incredulous I went back to re-swatch, adding Intense Black as well as Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eye Liner, just for comparison's sake. Guess what - the Intense Black and Eyeko both didn't budge when touched and rubbed dry or wet, but this Dark Brown one washed of again!!! So unfortunately, something's up with just this Dark Brown formula that it washes off when rubbed under running warm water. Huh?? I don't get it!

- Dark Brown: matte dark chocolate.


From these GWP, I've reviewed Clinique Almost Lipstick Black Honey and Tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss Exposed.


See my previous Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts