Saturday, November 28, 2015

Skin Aqua SaraFit UV Sara Sara Milk SPF50+ PA++++  

I wasn't too surprised to learn Skin Aqua UV Sara Sara Milk SPF50+ PA+++ was discontinued as of last year. Japanese cosmetic makers discontinue products all the time, customer favorite or not. I had struggled a bit with this sunscreen a few years (it had on/off seasons...) but game to give its reincarnation a try anyway, which is kind of nutty considering it's winter and my skin is at its driest. Now named Skin Aqua SaraFit UV Sara Sara Milk SPF50+ PA++++, it comes in a blue 40mL bottle.

Turns out it's not just the name and the packaging that's different. The sunscreen itself has been completely reformulated, making it pretty much an entirely new product!

Indeed, this sunscreen looks and feels nothing like the previous one. First of all, it's a thin and runny milk, unlike the previous thick and rich milk. I do have to shake well to mix, but I also have to apply and spread it quickly to prevent it from running straight down my cheeks and drip off. It also takes a while longer to absorb completely, around 5-7 minutes. After massaging it in, I get a lovely soft and powdery matte finish that layers exceedingly well beneath my sunscreen powder. With a light dusting of extra sun protection, I get the added benefit of looking like I have great skin. Bring it on!

This reformulation contains mostly chemical filters. With the exception of Uvinul T 150 (エチルヘキシルトリアゾン) in the previous pink bottle, the other active ingredients are the same, namely octinoxate (メトキシケイヒ酸エチルヘキシル), zinc oxide (酸化亜鉛), Uvinul A+ (ジエチルアミノヒドロキシベンゾイル安息香酸ヘキシル), and Tinosorb S (ビスエチルヘキシルオキシフェノールメトキシフェニルトリアジン). Despite having alcohol as the 3rd ingredient, this sunscreen doesn't reek of alcohol like the pink bottle did. While there's no claims of powder, there's talc in the ingredients which explains the powdery finish and feel.

Guess what: I like it very much! ^.^ No, this is not a premature like. I'm almost done with the bottle! So there won't be updates of how it deep fried my skin like the pink bottle did--it hasn't at all! No dry flakes anywhere, and it keeps my skin mostly matte throughout the day. Hooray! I will definitely use it again comes summer to see how it performs then.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts