Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Ren Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk

Hello. It's been a while. The little one's eat and sleep pattern is still chaotic and I'm struggling just to keep up with him =.= But I haven't gone anywhere, quite literally. Ha.

Anyway, I'll be posting on a couple of items I used up over the past few weeks, starting with this tiny 5mL/0.17fl. oz. sample tube of Ren Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk that lasted me all of three uses. I've had this tube for a while so it's no longer available, having been reformulated and renamed as Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk. I haven't tried the new formulation yet.

This was called a cleansing milk but it wasn't a milk at all. Instead, it was a cleansing cream, at least it looked, felt, and rinsed like one. After rinsing, it left a thick and greasy film on my face as if I'd just slathered on olive oil. The current formulation retails for $28/150mL tube so I'm assuming this old version wasn't that much cheaper. Given that it wasn't any better, or even different, than a generic cold cream, I'd say go for the cold cream since a big tub of that would only set you back a few bucks.


This cleansing "milk" had a calming herbal scent. I thought I'd smelled chamomile and sure enough, chamomile flower water is the first ingredient! The current formulation is completely different though so I don't know if it has the same scent.

Ren Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk:
Anthemis Noblius (Chamomile) Flower Water, Cetearyl Octanoate (Source Palm Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol (Source Palm Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Source Coconut Oil), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside (Source Corn), Butyrospermum Parkll (Shea) Butter, Myristyl Myristate (Source Palm Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Seed Oil, Hellianthis Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether).
***List of ingredients from Amazon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!! You are back.

D. said...

Hi Doris! I'm still here and am trying to line up a few more posts :)

If you're not Doris, sorry about that! Hello, and thank you for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

No, I am not Doris. But a reader of your blog. Not all items fit me, but I still like your blog. You keep it real. It's not just about beauty products. Love Suqqu and Other Japanese makeup you posts.

D. said...

Hi Anonymous,

Sorry about that! Thank you for reading my blog :) You're right. It's not just about beauty products. I'm glad you enjoy the variety of things I post about.

Cheers,
D.

P.S. I do have new Suqqu items ^.^ Will do my best to get to them before the year ends. Ha.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts