Last holidays season, Suqqu released a UK-exclusive collection that included three LE Extra Glow Lipsticks and three Designing Color Eyes. Despite one of the three palettes being neutral earth-toned, to my own surprise I found myself drawn to one I never thought I would find attractive: 109 祝紅灯 (Iwaiakari) Fuchsia & Aubergine.
All pictures taken in natural light without flash.
I like the LE pearl-white-on-gold packaging a little better than the black-on-gold, only because the white takes some of the attention from the gold, whereas the black emphasizes it. While I love gold sparkling eye shadows, I prefer my cosmetics packaging to be anything but shiny gold.
- 109 祝紅灯 (Iwaiakari) Fuchsia & Aubergine: So, the hot pink. Yes, it's hot pink and not fuchsia, because there isn't enough blue for it to turn fuchsia. Funny enough, I thought the hot pink goes really well with the palette as a whole, and it's actually the peach that ties them all together. The apple of my eyes is that deep eggplant purple, but I'll take the peach and the hot pink too ^.^
Clockwise from top left:
- Medium/crease: shimmer, high intensity. A softly shimmery hot pink that's surprisingly wearable. Of course, because it's hot pink so I blend and sheer it out, but I'd imagine it's a great accent color too.
- Lid: semi-metallic, medium intensity. Pretty peach.
- Dark/liner: shimmer, high intensity. A gorgeous deep eggplant with violet and fuchsia shimmers.
- Highlighter: satin, medium intensity. A nude-beige with shimmers so fine and subtle the color appears matte. This shade pleasantly surprised me. I thought it was matte too until I swatched it and saw the shimmers.