Thursday, May 17, 2018

Origins Original Skin Renewal Serum with Willowherb

Been using this 15mL/0.5fl. oz. tube of Origins Original Skin Renewal Serum with Willowherb from the 2016 Black Friday 10-piece gift set (yes, 1.5 years later... =.="). From this set, I've also reviewed the Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash.


Interesting. This is supposed to be a serum but it has a gel-cream texture, and is somewhat thick too. If anything, it's more like those all-in-one gels and gel-creams hubby has been using. 

Anyway, it feels moisturizing going on but it's a serum and is meant to be layered. There's an orange-herbal scent which I don't mind, but I do mind the peachy pink shimmers in it. Actually, the shimmers bother me a lot, if not putting me off of this serum entirely. Why do skincare products need mica at all, especially those that are to be layered under others? Other than making the product itself look "pretty," what good will mica do for my skin? I don't need skincare that pretends it's makeup, and if I wanted to look pretty, I'd apply makeup, not skincare. Urgh. Will not purchase a full size ever.

On a side note, that Black Friday GWP was pretty generous and I also received a few packets of these RitualiTea Matcha Madness Powder Face Mask, all of which became stocking stuffers for friends and family during the 2016 holidays seasons.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts