Saturday, August 28, 2010

Yodobashi Yokohama

Yodobashi Camera is a multiple floor electronic chain store, each floor specializes in a type of electronic (personal computers, cameras, cell phones, household appliances, etc.). Our closest store is the Yodobashi Yokohama, in front of the Yokohama Station. Man oh man it's huge and the range of selection on each floor is just mind numbing!

I'm still kicking myself for forgetting to bring my camera, but our landlady says she will take us back to Yodobashi on Monday to look for a cell phone, so I promise I'll take pictures then. In the mean time, I'm preparing myself mentally to again face the onslaught of choices we saw today. Imagine an entire floor dedicated to cell phones and accessories. Eeep. I think I might just go eenie meenie meinie moe on Monday before my head will explode.

Anyway, hubby and I were looking for electrical converters and, ironic enough, even with all the choices we couldn't find one for the life of us. They had a section full of converters on the 2nd floor, but all of them were for use when traveling outside of Japan and not the other way around. We even enlisted the help of a rep and after trying her very best, she could only give us a "May be this one will work." Fine, just that "may be" frying my brand new digital camera, Sonicare toothbrush, and T3 hair dryer (not the Overnight Dryer, which is why I'm looking for a converter) is just too big of a risk so we deferred to Amazon Japan instead for cheaper prices and free domestic shipping :P Thank you Amazon.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts