Monday, January 5, 2009

T3 Bespoke Labs Overnight Dryer

Update January 5, 2009

This time, what broke was actually my beloved hair dryer. No, I didn't break it. I just packed it in (very carefully, mind you!) my carry on, collapsing the handle the way it was supposed to for travel. By the time I open my carry on, the handle was dangling from the dryer. Yeah, let's just say lots of stuff happened (and broke) during this little trip of mine. Sigh...

So I contacted T3 asking about replacement under the 4-year warranty that came with the dryer. They said that sort of damage isn't covered under the warranty, but that they would replace my dryer anyway for an extra $50. I guess that's better than coughing up another $150?

So I wrote them back asking whether $50 is going to get me a new or a refurbished dryer. They replied, saying it'll get me a new dryer. And then they said, oh hell, we'll just waive that $50 too :D Rakiiiii!!!!

The point is: if you're going to get a dryer, spend some money and get it from T3. They sure are pleasant to deal with :)

---------------------------------------------------
Original post Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So I broke my my vow to never ever blow dry my hair. Sigh. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against hair drying. Just that my hair is super sensitive to heat and one blow dry is all it takes to give me split ends. And although my hair is fine, I have LOTS of it, so it would always take for freakin' ever! I recall spending a good 30 minutes one night because I was so sleepy and couldn't wait around another 2 or so hours it usually takes for my hair to air dry (I live in a very humid environment)!

So around this past spring, I fretted for a bit, dreading the massive split ends buying this little thing from Sephora - the T3 Bespoke Labs Overnight Dryer (model #83818). The goddamn thing was really expensive, and I hate the thought of blow drying my hair, much less spending a couple hundreds on a hair dryer! But the T3 website made lots of impressive claims, so although I was still very suspicious, I bought it anyway feeling rest assured with Sephora's customer service.


***Picture from Sephora USA.

I have not regret my purchase since. In fact, I love my T3 hair dryer so much I bought another one as a going away gift for my sister who left to work in Japan in July, knowing she blow dries her hair nightly. It's dual voltage, super duper light with a handle that can be folded for easy packing, so it was a very fitting gift and I love hearing my sister gushing about it now. I myself truly appreciate the fact that the dryer is travel-ready. It's just so convenient not to have to worry about voltage and what not when it comes to a mundane thing as a hair dryer.

In addition to being travel ready, this nifty little thing have won me (and my hair) over in so many ways. First, it dries my dripping wet, then shoulder-lenth-now-long hair in 7 minutes flat! I timed it myself, so no if's and but's. Second, although I use it 4-5 times a week, I've had so few split ends I'm not sure they're the consequence of the hair dryer or the fact that my hair is a lot longer now and in need of a trimming. Third, this hair dryer leaves my hair incredibly soft, smooth, static-free, and super shiny! Since I started using Japanese Camellia oil a month ago, my hair is only softer, smoother, and even shinier, if that's possible. Wheee! Now I can truly say I finally have the hair I've always wanted. Love it!!!

If you have long hair, you travel, and you're looking for a hair dryer, I would wholeheartedly recommend investing in this little baby from T3. And if you do invest, buy from an authorized dealer of T3 products - purchases from an unauthorized dealer will void the dryer's 4-year warranty. Check out T3's official website for a list of authorized dealers. Sephora is one, or just buy it directly from T3! After the purchase and you're sure the dryer is a keeper, don't forget to register it through the T3 website to activate the warranty. There is a 60-days (I think...) limit for warranty registration, or you'll loose your warranty!

6 comments:

Citrine said...

Hey I never blow dry my hair...It's still the case now (Well, my hair isn't that long right now because I chop it off regularly... but I never bothered even when my hair was waist length...)

I think I am just too lazy, if I have that extra time, I will be in my bed sleeping/cramming on homework...I remember the standard greeting form my comp sci teacher back in high school was "hey, is you hair still wet?" since I've never enter any of my morning class with dry hair...(If I do, I probably took an allnighter the day before and didn't even shower...)

I probably need a hair drier (hopefully i will have enough cash to purchase this by then) later on if I move to other area. Where I am (warm but not humid at all) it takes 30 minutes to air dry it, if I walk out door, it will dry way faster!

P.S. I get that rolly lip smacker (I've been watching that green one for at least half a year and they finally have it 40% off in the drugstore...)

Citrine

D. said...

Hi Citrine!

I wouldn't blow dry my hair either if I could help it. The problem is I only cut my hair about 1-2 times a year! Since I have lots of hair, it just take forever and ever to dry, so I always end up staying up really really late and turn into a zombie the next day at work.

I remember those "is your hair still wet" days in high school too!!! My hair is ALWAYS dripping wet at school, in class, blah...I wonder why I didn't get sick more often! I remember going to school in the morning during the winter and my wet hair would literally freeze into ice! Nuts!

Ha! So you gave in to the power of the rolly! How do you like it? Mine is too thin for me. I like thicker glosses. But the rolly is cute :D

Citrine said...

I did that(going/walking to school with wet hair) even during the winter in Canada where it's below freezing point...and I never got sick back then...OK, my immune system only took vacation twice a year: once during winter break and once spring break...So whenever other people were having fundoing whatever, I was stuck home with runny nose.


Now I think of it, I only bought the rolly because of green gloss are so hard to find. Anyway, most of bonnie bell lip gloss dry out like water in no time(maybe I just ate it)...but in a good way, sticky gloss gets everywhere when I use them (especially on may hair...)

D. said...

Hi Citrine,

Yeah, it's pretty nuts when I think about my days with frozen hair. It's a sign I'm getting older, no? Wait till you get to my age, you'll think back to your frozen hair days too! I'd never to that now, no way! :P

Oh see, so I guess I'm not the only one eating that Lip Smackers stuff :D It never stayed on me very well either! Do you like green glosses, or do you just like that specific green gloss? Cause I know Lancome makes a blue (not green unfortunately) Juicy Tubes too, and those lasts forever. Might want to give that a try :D

Citrine said...

I have *both* the green and blue gloss from Juicy Tubes (the main reason I got into Lancome is because they have that shade called Kiwi slice!). I've used the green one so often that the logo is already scratched off...In the other hand, the blue one makes me look sick...Just like other blue and purple lip glosses...

I don't think green gloss look green at all on my lips, I actually think that the color tone down my red lips without making me look sick (since green is exactly opposite to red in the color wheel...)

In case you can't tell, I am a fan of wacky colored lip gloss. (Well, I like red ones as well since they actually look kind of natural on me...)

D. said...

Hi Citrine!

Wow...i didn't even know Lancome made a green Juicy Tubes. you're a brave one to try them both. anything blue toned on my lips would make me look...dead, anything with purple tone makes me look pale, and anything green...well, forget that :D it's great you can use them. i'd like to try too, but i've learned that it'd just be a waste of money so...

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts