Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ojori (Korean Cuisine)

I learned of Ojori (in the 2nd Basement of the Yokohama Joinus, visit their official website in Japanese) from M-chan, a much younger classmate from my second term. We share an affinity for spicy food but she prefers Korean over Sichuan because the latter is too oily, not that that ever occurred to me. Spicy food? I'm in.

So she took here for lunch one day and I was hooked. In the month after that, I brought hubby and he was hooked. We went back a few more times, taking our friends too. Their lunch sets are huge and very well priced. The lunch and dinner dishes are served in the same portion, which only makes their lunch a kick ass deal. Oh, and did I mention they have some of the best plum wines I have ever had? They do.

Side dishes and salad they start you out with for lunch. On the left is my dark brown sugar plum wine mixed with soda. Damn it was good.

Hubby and I have tried 2 different lunch sets B and C on different occasions, but I kept forgetting to take pictures, being too busy inhaling all the yummy goodness. Thankfully this time around I remembered to bring my camera for photos ^.^ Even, hubby had to remind me a few times to take pictures before diving in LOL! I couldn't help myself! Anyway, both sets B and C come with enough food to feed two people, but we always order one more dish just for the hell of it. We never leave anything behind anyway.

Lunch set C and Kimchi Fried Rice. The Lunch set C comes with 2 cold appetizers, a full size soup choice, a full size rice bowl choice, and dessert. Yeah, a lot of food. And of course they'll bring you small plates because they you'll be sharing. The Kimchi Fried Rice is the other dish we ordered for fun :P


Here's me in the middle of pouring some soup into a smaller bowl before hubby reminded me I hadn't taken pictures ^.^


Cold appetizers, marinated pig ears (no joke!) and tofu. I didn't care for the pig ears so much but I loved the tofu.


The Kimchi Fried Rice was good, but they put tons of kimchi in it so it came out a bit...strong. But I love kimchi, so no complaints from me.


Now this Kalbi soup is a work of art. It's just absolutely heavenly and the beef is sooooo tender it falls apart in your mouth. Hubby and I have ordered this soup every time we been to the place and we haven't gotten sick of it yet.

The rice bowl we picked this time is Yakiniku-don, which was decent, but I liked the Kalbi-don and Bibimbap better. 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts