Thursday, April 1, 2021

Lupicia Tea Part III

Long time no Lupicia, not because I don't like or don't drink teas anymore, but rather because I'm limited to non-caffeinated teas until my littlest one weans, which means this post is rather old having been stuck in my draft folder for almost a year now :(

First up was a restock of Lupicia's take of the Golden Osmanthus which hubby and I had been enjoying steadily over the year since I first tried it in 2017. Since I'd already posted about this tea, I won't repeat here again.

There was another restock of the flavored mugicha I love so much, especially now when I can't drink caffeinated stuff. In addition to the usual Anzu (apricot), Pineapple, and Ume (plum) flavors, Lupicia added three new flavors: Lychee, Ringo (apple), and Suica (watermelon).

- Lychee, Ringo (apple), and Suica (watermelon): of the three I like Ringo best, Lychee second, and Suica last. Basically, Ringo and Lychee over Suica. I love fresh watermelon, but to be honest I think it's not really a great flavor for drinks or candy, much less tea. This Suica Mugicha isn't bad. It's actually better than expected, but I still would rather drink cold press watermelon juice :P

Next up was a restock of the Pineapple Mugicha along with two new things: Four Seasons Mingjian, and Dardimans California Lemon and Orange Crisps.

- Four Seasons Mingjian: a Taiwanese oolong that's light, crisp, and mildly fragrant. Pretty good. Hubby and I still love Jinxuan best, although I might repurchase this if there was a good promotion.

- Dardimans California Lemon and Orange Crisps: these can be eaten straight up, pair with dippings (like chips), or dropped into a cup of hot or cold tea for flavoring. I do the latter and drop them into my tea for flavoring, then I eat them afterwards :) Good, but way to darn expensive for a tiny bag of dehydrated slices of citrus fruits. Will not repurchase.

- Tochiotome Green Tea: I had this tea before and loved it, so this present from Julia, and in a LE tin no less, was very much appreciated! Thank you, Julia!

- Takibi: more goodies from Julia, including this LE Takibi, a roasted oolong with mango and passion fruit. Yum!

- Yume: yet more presents from friends in Tokyo! How am I so lucky?! T. sent me this tea solely because I told her way back in 2015 that I love Lupicia. How on earth she knew that I'd been wanting to try Yume, I've no idea! Thank you, T.! This is a lovely fruity black tea with a hint of vanilla to mellow things out. Likey!


See my previous posts:

5 comments:

Julia said...

It took me a while to recall sending that tea, lol!

Also, I totally feel you on watermelon-flavored things.

D. said...

Hi Julia,

You always forget, but others will surely remember you and the kindness you show to them :) Thank you for sending me that tea, Julia <3

Have you tried this watermelon mugicha?

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

Aw, thank you!

I haven't - I know I dislike watermelon-flavored things, and I'm not really into mugicha, although I think Kotaro liked the ume version.

D. said...

I love the ume version too! Pretty much anything ume, really ^.^

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

Ha, just like Kotaro. :D

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts