Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Sulwhasoo TimeTreasure Renovating Serum

I bought this Sulwhasoo TimeTreasure Duo Set back in the summer of 2019 but didn't get around to using it until last fall. It was the peak of our pandemic-year stress at the time and my skin was wrecking all sorts of havoc. So I thought some rich and intensive skincare might help. 

The TimeTreasure Duo Set included full (125mL/4.22fl. oz.) and mini (20mL/0.67fl. oz.) sizes of the Renovating Water and Renovating Emulsion (will post these next), a 5mL/0.16fl. oz. pump bottle of the Renovating Serum which I'm reviewing below, a 3mL/0.1fl. oz. jar of Renovating Eye Cream, and 8mL/0.27fl oz. far of Renovating Cream (will post next as well). Note the current incarnations of these products are now called "Invigorating" and not "Renovating" (which, I admit, sounds rather wacky ^.^).


I'm posting about the serum first because I finished it first and the post's been sitting in my draft folder ^.^ Whereas I'm still working my way through the others, yes, some 4-5 months later. 

When Sulwhasoo says this TimeTreasure line is luxurious, they mean it. Every single product I've tried in this set so far is rich and intensively moisturizing. They also share this feminine but woodsy herbal scent that makes me think I'm splashing perfumed eastern medicine on my face every night. Luxurious? Yes. Makes me feel a hundred years older than I am? Yes. 

Take this Renovating Serum for example, holy hell it was more like a light cream. Thank goodness the sample bottle had a pump, because the stuff was so thick there was just no way to get it out of the bottle otherwise. It was so rich and moisturizing there were nights I straight up skipped the cream because the serum on top of the emulsion on top of the toner was quite enough. I liked it, but will I buy the full size? Probably not. Ironically enough, it's too rich which means I can only use it during the winter, and I have a boat ton of other products in queue that I'm eager to get to. So I'm moving on.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts