Sunday, February 21, 2021

Kurochiku Kyobian Face Wash Matcha Powder

Wow, is it really the fourth week of February already? And my first post of the year too, ack! But just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been going through my skincare queue. My backlog is growing because I'm using all these things and need to post about them. Like this 60g jar of Kurochiku Kyobian Face Wash Matcha Powder for example, I've been using it for a month now. 


To be certain there's no confusion here, this is a facewash powder--powder soap--with matcha in it. It used to be that I only use a foaming facewash as a follow up cleanser after using cleansing oil to remove sunscreen. But then for the past year, I haven't been using sunscreen at all, because I haven't left my house except to pick up groceries. When I do leave my house (like, once a month, if that), I wear a hat to cover my hair and a large face mask that covers all but my eyes. So after many months of using cleansing milks exclusively, I got bored and reintroduced a foaming facewash for use on Wednesdays and Sundays, so that it wouldn't dry out my skin.

Anyway, this Facewash Matcha Powder comes out of the bottle a green powder, and to my surprise it's super smooth, much so it feels like silky flour in my palm. I add water to activate and lather, and then massage the foam onto my face. As expected of a Japanese foaming facewash, it foams really well. It rinses well too and leaves my face clean but not stripped of moisture, no squeakiness going on here. There's a faint scent of matcha which I appreciate. I suspect this 60g bottle will last me a very long time, consider I only use it twice a week and only a dime-size amount each time.
 
By the way, Kurochiku is a Kyoto brand that sells cute Kyoto souvenirs like those adorable tiny pots of solid perfumes and folding reusable shopping bags. Occasionally, they'll release skincare items like this facewash powder. I do wish they would release more skincare stuff because it's really decent quality.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts