Friday, October 22, 2010

Avon SkinSoSoft WinterSoft Intense Concentrate

This Avon SkinSoSoft Wintersoft Intense Concentrate was among the items in a care package I recently received from home. I was thrilled, since it is getting chilly outside and my hands and feet are starting to dry up.

Apparently there is alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) in this cream and the tube warns to use sunscreen and limit sun exposure during use and even for a week after use! That may be a bit problematic, since I was expecting to be able to use this on my hands. The instructions on the tube says elbows, knees and other problem areas, but one of my biggest problem areas is my hands! Also, wouldn't I have to use my hands to apply this to the other "problem areas" anyway? Are they really expecting me to wear gloves out during and a week after use? Or are they expecting me to wash my hands after each use to get rid of the AHA? But wouldn't that be counterproductive, causing my hands to become even drier? I guess you can see I'm not so thrilled about this product containing AHA. I don't quite understand why I would need AHA on my elbows, knees and other "problem areas" to begin with.


Anyway after a few uses, I think I might actually have to follow the tube's instructions after all. The texture of this cream doesn't feel so thick, just like any other cream, but it turns out to be quite intense. It truly isn't meant to be use anywhere else other than the problem areas and I made the mistake of applying it all over my legs once just to see. Nothing bad happened, only that my legs felt sticky for the next 24 hours until I could wash it off in the shower! So yes, if you apply it on areas other than the super dry areas like elbows, knees, or heels, you might be annoyed with the sticky sensation as though the cream never really absorbed into the skin.

Another thing I found really annoying with this cream is that it is very heavily perfumed. And not with just any fragrance but a very flowery grandma's perfume. Sigh. But hey, at least it does its job on my elbows and knees, but I definitely will not buy this again :(

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts