Sunday, October 3, 2010

Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick

This Clinique Butter Shine in Delovely was a GWP I got from buying some lotions and whatnot. And when I saw the color, I tossed the lipstick aside, thinking it was too dark for me. Well, I was a silly fool for not trying this any sooner, because I believe I have found my favorite lipstick in the whole wide world. No, the color Delovely still isn't the best for my skin tone, it is too deeply brown of a nude color, almost bronzy nude, but I'm definitely getting other colors from this line.

Butter Shine in Delovely, picture taken indoor with flash.
Butter shine is probably an accurate name for this lipstick. The texture is amazingly buttery, and the lipstick just feels soooooo good on that I wear the color anyway, even though it's too dark on me. Clinique USA website boasts that it delivers the shine of a gloss, but to me that's a bit of a stretch and the shine is more subtle than gloss like, but I do think it's just perfect. Even though this color Delovely has shimmers in it, the shine that comes through is not that of the shimmers but rather of the formula, if that makes any sense to you. It's not too glossy but definitely has a nice shine. Love, love, love it!!!

Swatch for Delovely, picture taken in natural light without flash.

And of course now that I'm on the other side of the globe, I want to buy the stuff that's doubled in price at the department stores here. Gar this is so frustrating, especially when I'm staring at the beautiful orangey-red that is Ambrosia. Want!!! *cries*

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts