Thursday, December 27, 2012

Nature Republic Snail Therapy 80 Emulsion

Been using this Nature Republic Snail Therapy 80 Emulsion in the mornings for more than two weeks now, ever since we came home to visit my folks. 

I wasn't sure snail therapy entails what exactly because as you can see, Nature Republic is a Korean brand and, well, I can't read Korean ^.^ That said, a quick google yielded an entry from the U.S. National Library of Medicine for this very product! Interesting, no? Apparently it is considered an over-the-counter drug with 1.08% dimethicone as the main active ingredient, which means if you are sensitive to silicones, this product is not for you. And the snail therapy here involves "highly-concentrated snail mucus...harvested from clean ponds." Swear I'm getting braver by the year, venturing out to first placenta protein and now snail slime. What's next, I wonder?

This is a small sample jar (10mL may be?) I received from buying the newest Castledew Diacut Eyes 9 Colors E907 Pure Angelism last June. 

I guess I do like this emulsion ^.^ Did you see that coming? This is a light translucent emulsion that is both viscous and slimy. Not very encouraging, I know, but it does go on my skin very light and absorbs well. In the morning, I layer it over SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, Hadanomy Collagen Concentrated Mist and Collagen Lotion (will review all mentioned Hadanomy Collagen items soon), and seal with Steam Cream (will review soon). At night, I layer it over SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion and Essence, again Hadanomy Collagen Concentrated Mist, Collagen Milk, and Collagen Concentrated Lotion, and finally seal with Steam Cream also. But other than being a novel layer of skincare I'm not quite sure what it does.

If all the products I'm layering above sounds crazy, it's because it's crazy dry here where my folks are, so dry my cuticles crack and my hands chapped just a day after I landed. Would I be layering this many product in Japan or Taiwan? Probably not. Given the texture and feel of this emulsion, it might be too mosturizing for humid areas. But here, it's perfect and I'm glad I'm using it now. I won't buy the full size though, because I want to move on to the other gazillion things I still have lined up ^.^

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts