Thursday, December 20, 2012

DHC Q10 Face Powder Part II

This review is way overdue because I have been using this DHC Q10 Face Powder in Transparent 00 (transparent matte) for, well, since I first bought it in 2008. Yes, you read that right. You know how mundane daily things gets forgotten? That was what happened to this powder. Both this Transparent 00 (transparent matte) and the Transparent 01 (transparent shimmer) went with me to Japan and Taiwan, and back! And here am I finally reviewing the former, some 4+ years after having reviewed the latter. Ha -.-'


I have gone over details in my review for Transparent 01 (transparent shimmer), so I won't repeat it again. It took me a while to warm up to this Transparent 00 (transparent matte), because when I first used the Transparent 01 (transparent shimmer) I thought was too moisturizing for my t-zones and assumed that this would be no different. Well, I was very wrong (and silly, see below). This one turns out to be quite nice for my t-zones, mattefying but not too heavy. Best of all, it works with all the different sunscreens I have been experimenting with! 

And now that I think about it, I was, umm, stupid for trying Transparent 01 (transparent shimmer) on my t-zones back then to begin with! New Jersey gets quite humid in the summer, and I guess I didn't learn this lesson until Japan but humidity and shimmers don't mix at all, especially on my oily t-zones. Duh. Now why didn't I figure that out sooner?!? Anyway, since Japan, the winning daily routine became shimmery powders under the eye areas, around the nose, mouth and chin for brightening, and matte powders on t-zones and everywhere else. 

I should note that these DHC powders are indeed a touch heavier as well as more moisturizing than the Lavshuca Face Powders Lucent and Glow. Despite this, in Taipei where it was much more humid than Japan they worked better for me than Lavshuca! Weird, right? I totally didn't expect this at all and so thank goodness I brought them anyway as backups. They really saved my a$$ in Taipei!

And writing this post reminds me that I still haven't reviewed the other 2 two jars, Yellow 01 (shimmer) and Pink 01 (shimmer), which I have also been using off and on. Anyway, we'll see when I will actually get around to those two, hopefully not another 4 years. Sigh...

See my previous DHC Q10 Face Powder post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts