Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Caudalie VinoSource S.O.S Thirst-Quenching Serum

I love getting samples with online orders. That was how I ended up with several of these small 1mL pouches of Caudalie VinoSource S.O.S Thirst-Quenching Serum that I've been using for a few weeks now after finishing the previous sample of L'Oreal Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Advanced Skin Repair Daily Serum (what a mouthful!).

My typical packet of samples from a Caudalie order ^.^ I usually pick my favorite Pulp Vitaminee Eye and Lip Cream (the skinny green capped tube), which lasts at least 2 weeks and is perfect for travel, the Deep Cleansing Exfoliator (chubbier tube), which I will review soon, and this VinoSource Serum.

This is a super light oil-free serum that is opaque and somewhat viscous. It goes on like a skim milk and gets absorbed into my skin in a snap. Afterwards, I don't even feel it, which makes the next layer (serums are meant to be layered!) rather comfortable and doesn't feel like I'm layering. But don't discount it because it's watery. It's actually quite adequate just by itself (remember my definition of "by itself"? ^.^) underneath Mentholatum Skin Aqua UV Sara Sara Milk, in the Taipei weather, that is! Not sure how it will fare when I move home to the US of A and visit my folks for a couple of weeks since it's super dry where they are. 

Anyway, this serum is scented with the same refreshing leafy scent that's similar in many Caudalie products. I like this scent, but in case your skin is sensitive to fragrance just be aware. I don't need much of it for my skin to feel comfortable, just a dab on forehead, chin, and the two cheeks is all it takes. In other words, I probably won't buy the full size ^.^ Just these several 1mL pouches alone last me a couple of weeks already. And plus I don't really want to cough up $48 for a 30mL, even if the glass pump bottle looks lovely and hygienic. May be if Caudalie has a nice promotion, I'll go for it, but for now, I'm happy with this and looking forward to trying other things.

Caudalie VinoSource S.O.S Thirst-Quenching Serum:
AQUA (WATER), VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) FRUIT WATER*, GLYCERIN*, BUTYLENE
GLYCOL*, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE*, POLYACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER-
6,POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, DIMETHICONE, PALMITOYL GRAPE SEED 
EXTRACT*, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), SQUALANE*, 
POTASSIUMSORBATE, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) JUICE*, SODIUM BENZOATE, 
XANTHAN GUM, SORBITAN OLEATE*, SODIUM CARBOXYMETHYL BETAGLUCAN, 
CITRIC ACID, SORBITAN LAURATE*, HYALURONIC ACID, SODIUM PHYTATE*, 
DISODIUM ACETYLGLUCOSAMINE PHOSPHATE, MYRISTYL MALATE PHOSPHONIC 
ACID. (101/053)"* Plant origin
***Stock picture and list of ingredients from Caudalie USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts