Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cle de Peau Beaute Glow Fall 2012 Mook

I drooled all over the thought of this Cle de Peau Beaute Glow Fall 2012 Mook. However, it was released in mid September, a good few weeks after I had left Japan, and was also promptly sold out within days of release on Amazon JP. I thought about trying online, but some E(vil)bay seller listed it for an absurd USD80, which was crazy and there was no way I'd bite that bullet. Just when I thought all hopes were lost, I remembered I was heading to Taiwan, and there was a small chance, itty bitty chance, that I might still be able to find it there. 

Well, with great stroke of luck I stumbled upon the very last copy at Eslite Bookstore (誠品書店) in Ximending! The moment I saw it, I gasped, grabbed, and didn't let go of it for the rest of the night. I swear my friends thought I was nuts xD But hey, I kept looking at other Eslite branches after that night and nope, the copy I got was the very very last one - how crazy lucky is that?!! Best of all, I paid NT$686 - 10% membership discount = NT$617.40 ~ USD20, roughly the same Japanese retail price of 1,500yen! Thank you Taipei and your Eslite stores!!!

Anyway, I wanted to try Cle de Peau Beaute skincare for quite some time now but didn't want to drop bucket-loads of dough to get the full sizes. Not to mention I would quickly get bored of those full sizes, that is, if I even like the stuff. So the samples that came with the mook are perfect trial pieces in addition to being an awesome deal - they amount to some 6,747yen in calculated value (~USD75)! It really was no wonder the mook sold out in a snap. Initially, I thought it was just because Cle de Peau being popular, and it may be popular, but it was also an irresistible deal. The ladies in Japan are quick, folks!


So the mook came with the below skincare samples that pretty much cover the basic cleansing-toning-moisturizing routine for mornings and nights. What a great way to try out the brand, I'd say!
- Top row, left to right: The Cream 2g, Gentle Cleansing Foam 6g (using now, will review soon), and Gentle Balancing Lotion 12mL.
- Bottom row, left to right: Cleansing Cream 9g (using now, will review soon), Gentle Protective Emulsion SPF25 PA++ 5mL (using now, will review soon), and Gentle Nourishing Emulsion 5mL.
- A travel size packet of cotton pads.


The rest of the mook was pretty much a brochure for the brand with a little bit of history, product and routine guide, and upcoming releases.




Day versus night routines product guide.

Pictures and descriptions of the samples included.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts