Wednesday, February 20, 2013

NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil

Got this 0.08oz/2.5g mini Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil from the Sephora 2012 Holiday It Kit #2 - Best in Classic, which was one of the nicer GWP during the holiday season. 

I'm very much impressed with this formula. It's not as glossy as my beloved Stila Lip Glaze Sticks, but it's still much glossier than the vast majority of lip pencils I've tried in addition to being more pigmented than Stila. It goes on with a texture identical to my favorite Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick, super smooth and moist, if not a tad thicker and even more buttery, which is quite incredible given the fact that it's a freakin' pencil! 

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

However, I should point out that because it's a thicker formula, it may be slightly sticky to some. Personally, I find it very comfortable on my lips, but I do notice that whenever I blow my nose, my lips would get all linty afterwards, which annoys me greatly. This probably means the formula is sticky enough to attract and retain lint even if I don't feel its stickiness, and I probably have high tolerance for sticky lip products anyway. Another down side is its price, $25 a piece. Pretty darn pricey for a lip pencil that requires sharpening. Still, I'm very happy to have gotten a chance to try this. If there is ever a good promotion I will probably indulge in a couple more colors!

New Lover: a gorgeous cool rose with a shimmery gold sheen. It goes on my lips a tad warmer, but still too pink to be a my-lips-but-better color. That said, since it turns warmer it still looks very natural, sophisticated yet understated. I would totally wear it to the office, but since I never go, it found a permanent home in my purse instead ^.^ Love it, and love its mini size too because it's so easy to carry!

Sephora 2012 Holiday It Kit #2 - Best in Classic. The Stella McCartney and Cartier perfume samples, Lancome Hypose Star Mascara, and Stila In the Light Shadow Card all went to my mum. 
***Screenshot via Sephora USA.

This Sephora Collection Anti-Shine Foundation Primer went to sister in law since she likes primers and such. I kept the rest ^.^

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts